A bream

A forum for member's kayak or fishing related videos
cobby
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie i9s

A bream

Post by cobby »

Took the camera (Contour Roam) out for a test friday night with bugger all fish... I've joined the video ranks :wtf:
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Re: A bream

Post by Jenko »

How long does the battery last, I just read this "This cameras storage can be expanded up to 32GBs and the internal microSD card captures up to 8 hours of footage in full 1080p resolution and is easily swapped for a fresh card to keep filming the action" wouldn't you need a spare battery for 8hrs. Nice clear video. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Jenko on 09 Dec 2012, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Post by viperdevil »

Nice video cobby...where abouts is this creek?
Praz
cobby
Square eyes

Post by cobby »

Jenko wrote:How long does the battery last, I just read this "This cameras storage can be expanded up to 32GBs and the internal microSD card captures up to 8 hours of footage in full 1080p resolution and is easily swapped for a fresh card to keep filming the action" wouldn't you need a spare battery for 8hrs. Nice clear video. :thumbsup:
They reckon the battery is good for 3.5 hours but I doubt that. And you can't change the battery as its in built. But I liked the idea of the power/record switch on top so I can just record what I want without editing 2 or so hours of footage.

It's just a local creek down south Viper. Nothing special about it until a brown floaty goes past
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Nice first up video Mark. The picture quality looks good and its nice to hear the birds and kids in the background.

What video setting were you recording at, 1080P or 720P? I tried 1080P first but found the 125 degree angle a bit tight for POV filming. I've since been using 720P to get the full 170 degree view, which I find better to capture what's happening.
0408 565 763
cobby
Square eyes

Post by cobby »

shane wrote:Nice first up video Mark. The picture quality looks good and its nice to hear the birds and kids in the background.

What video setting were you recording at, 1080P or 720P? I tried 1080P first but found the 125 degree angle a bit tight for POV filming. I've since been using 720P to get the full 170 degree view, which I find better to capture what's happening.
I left it at 720. I was a tight arse and pinched the 16gb card from my old phone so anything that saves a bit of space helps.