How to burn 20k in 4 seconds

A forum for member's kayak or fishing related videos
Chevvy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA14, Riot escape 12, Wavedance Calypso

How to burn 20k in 4 seconds

Post by Chevvy »

Hey guys, I know it's not fishing or kayak related but I think you might like it. The sound is out of sync on account of me nearly killing the camera man but long story short, I race sprintcars, a sprintcar for those that dont know is a purpous built speedway car, weighing in at around 660kg with driver strapped in and upwards of 850hp, a power to weight second only to F1. This was my first big crash, the gas pedal got stuck wide open and the car pulled high on a rut and from there I was a passenger. The car hit the wall at about 130kmh, rpm was 8400, distance from first wall impact to landing was around 140ft and she would have gone about 30ft up, I was level with the tv tower. The fence was gone and took over an hour to patch up so racing could commence. All good though, we built a new car and raced the following weekend :thumbsup:

Salmon 50cm, squid 40cm, port Jackson 110cm, KGW 37cm, elephantfish 53cm, Snapper 53cm, ling 39cm
seagull
The force is strong in this one
kayak: PA14

Re: How to burn 20k in 4 seconds

Post by seagull »

Chevvy i was always told that things with wings were meant to fly but this wasnt meant to include sprinters.Can remember a similar accident happening 1 night at Claremont speedway b4 the built the motor plex in W.A.I feel sorry for your bank account.The main thing is your still alive and dng wat you luv racing sprinters and yakn keep it up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheerz Errol
Seagull Lures.In the shed maken saw dust and spraying.
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Awesome, love the speedway! Glad you were ok Chevvy. Balls of steel right there..

I grew up hanging around a country dirt track in WA in the 70s. The old man used to own a Golden Fleece servo and we sponsored a local XC Falcon stock car.

Errol, how good was Claremont Speedway? You'd get showered with rocks and mud, leave with ringing ears and a grin from ear to ear. Golden days.

Cheers

Tim
seagull
The force is strong in this one
kayak: PA14

Post by seagull »

Yes Claremont was a classic FOWL HOUSE CORNER how many stacks did you see there?Country speedway was anothr great place to go aswell Narrogin speedway nxt door to motro cross track.A speedway track cut into the side of a BIG ARSE CLAY GRAVEL HILL.Used to go there all the time when we lived there.Ride the deadly treadlies out to the track jump or slide under the fence yes were in.

Cheerz Errol
Seagull Lures.In the shed maken saw dust and spraying.
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

seagull wrote:Yes Claremont was a classic FOWL HOUSE CORNER how many stacks did you see there?Country speedway was anothr great place to go aswell Narrogin speedway nxt door to motro cross track.A speedway track cut into the side of a BIG ARSE CLAY GRAVEL HILL.Used to go there all the time when we lived there.Ride the deadly treadlies out to the track jump or slide under the fence yes were in.

Cheerz Errol
Yep, Fowl House, that's the one. Prime viewing spot.

Funny you speak of Narrogin Speedway - we were just up the road a few k's at Lake Grace. Salt lake country and clay/gravel tracks, very little guard railing and you could hang out in the pits all day.

Sorry to hijack your post Chevvy!

Cheers

Tim
Chevvy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA14, Riot escape 12, Wavedance Calypso

Post by Chevvy »

No stress boys any speedway talk is good talk :thumbsup:
Salmon 50cm, squid 40cm, port Jackson 110cm, KGW 37cm, elephantfish 53cm, Snapper 53cm, ling 39cm