Westernport in 360

A forum for member's kayak or fishing related videos
Jordo
Square eyes
kayak: AI

Westernport in 360

Post by Jordo »

I got out fishing the last couple days and got some cool (or at least I think so) footage. Hope you enjoy it.

Day 1: Out from Coronet bay

If the video doesn't play in 360 here then check it out on youtube.

Still working on the day 2, Lang Lang, video. Will post that here once it is uploaded.

Edit: Here is the next installment of Westernport in 360. Hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by Jordo on 27 Sep 2018, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
Time spent in the ocean is time spent living.
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Re: Westernport in 360

Post by choppers »

2 captures right there that keep me from fishing "port Jackson" (coronet bay) so often
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Jordo
Square eyes

Post by Jordo »

choppers wrote:2 captures right there that keep me from fishing "port Jackson" (coronet bay) so often
Yeah I wasn't impressed. Caught another 4 eagle rays after that one too, each bigger than the last. Ended up packing it in out of shear exhaustion, haha. I decided to fish up in the mud pond the next day, didn't want a repeat.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

That is so cool. :thumbsup: 8-)
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Showing the capabilities of the 360 camera nicely Jordon. :up: It'd make for some crazy footage in the middle of a big tuna bust up. :evilgrin:
0408 565 763
Jordo
Square eyes

Post by Jordo »

shane wrote:Showing the capabilities of the 360 camera nicely Jordon. :up: It'd make for some crazy footage in the middle of a big tuna bust up. :evilgrin:
Very true... Now we just need the tuna to come back.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

That is radical footage Jordo!
Thanks for sharing.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

That footage is amazing... the viewer can choose what part of the action is most important to him/her and can watch it all without relying on the film maker or the camera to be pointing in the right direction all the time,,,,What equipment are you using and what did it cost???
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

That's a pretty cool setup Jordo, it would make it harder to keep your secret spots hidden though :lol:
Jordo
Square eyes

Post by Jordo »

spider25160 wrote:That footage is amazing... the viewer can choose what part of the action is most important to him/her and can watch it all without relying on the film maker or the camera to be pointing in the right direction all the time,,,,What equipment are you using and what did it cost???
Thanks Dave. I thought it was pretty cool. I'm using the insta360 air which connects to my phone. I can't remember how much it costs as I got it over a year ago now. I got this camera so I could live stream in 360, with the plan being to live stream catching a southern bluefin tuna in 360! This didn't go to plan though as reception is pretty patchy offshore. Plus you need to do a lot of extra stuff to the footage to get it to work in 360 on youtube, as youtube hasn't quite caught up with the technology yet. I've finally put in the time (days of messing around with it) to get it working because the concept of 360 footage is just too cool! I'm glad people are appreciating the video, just uploading another one now. The next one has a lot more action in it!