Comp Rules and Guide.

A year long comp where entrants try to catch as many species from the Victorian fishing handbook.
The biggest total length of all species wins.
Comp ends 31st Dec 2011.
Pearcy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Quintrex 480 Freedom Sport (pretend its a big yak)

Re: Comp Rules and Guide.

Post by Pearcy »

I'me in, solo also so as not to drag others down! Cheers.
Pearcy.
vaporboy
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: malibu mini x

Post by vaporboy »

yea i'm in mate, solo. And is it just any brag mat off the shelf or duz it hav to be a specific job ?
pigs jigs
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Any kind off measure, as long as its accurate. :thumbsup:
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
vaporboy
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by vaporboy »

yea cheers mate, so wat do we hav to do to get a code ?
pigs jigs
Widsa
Site Admin

Post by Widsa »

Its on the first page... but we will issue a new code here each month.
This months code (Jan 2011) will be 123
So your unique ID for January is vaporboy123 :thumbsup:
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
vaporboy
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by vaporboy »

yea lol yea i get it now. cheers man :)
pigs jigs
Kingo
Lord of the fish
kayak: Olive Hobie Pro Angler 12

Post by Kingo »

Cheers will. also is it two comps solo and team? or one comp for both if it's the latter how does scoring work say at the end of the comp I have an overall measurment of 2.4 meters and team A has an overall length of 4.5 meters does team A beat me? Or do I win because I have a greater individual measurement compared to the two members of the team ie: me -2.4 meters and team A -4.5 meters %2 = 2.25 meters for each member ?
Cheers Darcy
Widsa
Site Admin

Post by Widsa »

It is a combined comp.
Hatters has chucked a bit more info in my original post to make the scoring a bit clearer..
Basically if you fish as a pair and both of you catch the same species you can only enter your biggest.
So technically solo and team entries should be neck and neck if the solo member hunts around he is a chance.

Just a bit more info to make the team rules clear:
- You can enter this comp as either a solo fisherman or as part of a two person team.
- If you wish to enter as a solo fisherman, you only enter fish that you catch.
- If you wish to enter as a two person team, you can enter fish that either of you catch but only one of each species. (e.g. if you both catch a gummyshark, you can't enter two gummysharks in the competition, so choose the biggest gummyshark and enter that one) You can, however, upgrade your team mate's fish if you catch a bigger one.
- You can't enter fish that someone who is not in your team has caught.
- You can still go fishing with other people as you normally would, just don't enter their fish if they're not in your team.
- If you are in a two person team, you don't have to fish at the same time and/or place as your team member. Effectively, you are only teaming up for the purpose of combining your species entered into the competition which will give you a better chance of entering a greater number of different fish. (But... having said that, we do encourage team members to fish together because its a great way to meet some new friends and stay safe on the water. We do realise though, that this may not be possible if for example you live in Geelong and happen to get teamed up with someone who lives in Mildura)
- All flathead will be classified as 1 species. Please don't try and enter dusky and then rock and then yank etc.
Just chuck your biggest flatty up to keep it easy and avoid ID disputes. This applies to other species too. e.g. bream. Don't try to enter a yellowfin bream and a black bream. A bream is a bream.
- If you want to fish as a two person team: teams will be drawn out of a hat. You don't get to choose who your team mate is. Just tell us in your post that you want to be in a two person team and we'll organise it for you.
Kingo
Lord of the fish
kayak: Olive Hobie Pro Angler 12

Post by Kingo »

Thanks for clarifing that will I
all clear on it now :thumbsup:
SteveB
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: '06 Outback

Post by SteveB »

Put me in!

I'll have Rhino as a partner, OK?

What, he's not available? Bugger, then I'm solo.
No need to spoil some one else (Rhino's got big enough fishing shoulders [and a luxo barge] to carry anyone!)

Steve
Yak PBs - Snapper 28cm : Tailor 26cm : Flathead 50cm : Salmon 40cm : Bream 30cm: Squid 28cm hood: "It was a Kingie, it was, really..."
Non-Yak PBs - Flathead 68cm : Bream tiddler : Whiting tiddler : EP "it was thaaat big, I swear"