Interesting trip that made you want to try

A section for the yak sailers around Victoria!
CrazyChenski
Lord of the fish
kayak: Clarkeski Dusta

Interesting trip that made you want to try

Post by CrazyChenski »

Fishing is just like Accounting .... it is all about Optical Illusion ...............
rayso
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Adventure Island

Re: Interesting trip that made you want to try

Post by rayso »

Fantastic wsaterway up there. Fame cove is a great overnight mooring pity about the noisy gin palaces that frequent it. Couldnt help but notice the red island out in front. Proof again, Red goes faster. Bucket list is to return there with the AI one day and try for dolphin fish outside the entrance along the fad line if it still exists.
It's more fun doing it on a yak and even more fun with a sail
0429 622004
tonystott
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Tandem Island

Re: Interesting trip that made you want to try

Post by tonystott »

The trip was as much fun as it looks! I never expected that setting up a tent ashore could be made to look boring. :lol: :lol:

Heading back to the launch spot a Pindimar on the northern side of Port Stephens, I had a "vigorous" sail into the wind for a couple of hours. Due to a 2 metre tidal range, I expected a four hour wait for the tide to reach the ramp.
So I settled in under a tree for the long wait. However, some locals very kindly offered to carry my loaded TI to my trailer, so I was on my way much sooner. At first I felt really warm and fuzzy at their kindness, but later on, I surmised that maybe they didn't want some scruffy kayaker hanging around outside their house for hours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2012 Hobie Tandem Island
"SIC EM"