Yakdoc kayak repairs

Have a business? Heres the place for you. Read Commercial Policy inside for more details.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: Yakdoc kayak repairs

Post by laneends »

Its mainly when you drag it out of the water at a ramp etc before inserting trolley for example. Just need to always be aware of it to minimize it.

As a heads up dont store hull flat on floor, or even the lawn, it will flatten bottom. I left the revo on the lawn for a few days, bottom flattened and left high spots where it was vertically braced by mast post, mirage slot and transducer supper. These subsequently suffered premature scuffing for the above reasons. The adventure doesn't have much of a profiled bottom so is less rigid than other kayaks.
Nello
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Red Ai and a tinny.

Post by Nello »

laneends wrote:Its mainly when you drag it out of the water at a ramp etc before inserting trolley for example. Just need to always be aware of it to minimize it.

As a heads up dont store hull flat on floor, or even the lawn, it will flatten bottom. I left the revo on the lawn for a few days, bottom flattened and left high spots where it was vertically braced by mast post, mirage slot and transducer supper. These subsequently suffered premature scuffing for the above reasons. The adventure doesn't have much of a profiled bottom so is less rigid than other kayaks.
No worries I'll keep an eye on it, it's pretty solid so should be fine, i try not to drag too much anyway so should be right.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm planning to have it stored upside down on my trailer, I've heard that's the best way to transport them and store them.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

Widsa wrote:Well well well... it lives..
Gday bloke
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

Upside down on a trailer? What is this nonsense. Store on one saw horse with each end roped down under tension in the sun. Puts a slight banana in it that straightens out nicely under load on the water... :evilgrin:

***this is a joke***
Last edited by Wind Waker on 01 Aug 2016, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

Wind Waker wrote:Upside down on a trailer? What is this nonsense. Store on one saw horse with each end roped down under tension in the sun. Puts a slight banana in it that straightens out nicely under load on the water... :evilgrin:
lol are you trying to drum up business for me :lol:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

Edit provided :)
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

Wind Waker wrote:Edit provided :)

:up:
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

https://www.facebook.com/yakdoc/ website is gone and here's the Facebook page link :up:
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

What can Yakdoc do? Repair and or modify your kayak, out fit your kayak as a fishing machine!! Rod holders, anchor set ups, fish finders, storage. We also do automotive and motorcycle plastic repair in fact almost any plastic repair, modification and some fabrication can be done. Text or call and tell me your ideas