Torqueedo Electric Motors

Have a business? Heres the place for you. Read Commercial Policy inside for more details.
Brendandrage
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14 and Tandem Island

Torqueedo Electric Motors

Post by Brendandrage »

Hi all,
Well through my own interest i have struck up an agreement to become a distributor for the electric motor manufacturer Torqueedo.
I have been looking into electric motors for my PA for a little while now, not to replace the mirage drive but to compliment it.
One of the only things i find frustrating about my PA is the speed and time it takes to travel larger distances, so i wanted to fit a motor to increase the speed but i didnt want to put a great lump af battery into the already to heavy PA.
The Torqueedo ultra light system is the same motor as the hobie evolve and is the lightest system and most efficient motor available and is a snap to fit.
In the coming weeks i will be fitting an ultra light to the rear of my kayak for my use and offer a demonstration to any one who may be interested.

So anyway if your interested in anymore information have a look at the website http://www.torqeedoaustralia.com/Torqee ... /Home.html

I will have an ultralight and a travel 1003 in stock in the comming weeks

Cheers
Brendan
Last edited by Brendandrage on 14 Jan 2014, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan 0408412056
Snapper, whiting, flathead, squid, gummy shark, barracoota, salmon, murray cod, yellow belly, bass, pike, leather jacket, bream, school shark
Dognut
Square eyes
kayak: .

Re: Torqueedo Electric Motors

Post by Dognut »

http://www.torqeedoaustralia.com/Torqee ... /Home.html
I couldn't get your link to work. I think my ski needs one of these :-)
Brendandrage
Lord of the fish

Post by Brendandrage »

Dognut wrote:http://www.torqeedoaustralia.com/Torqee ... /Home.html
I couldn't get your link to work. I think my ski needs one of these :-)
Thanks mate, ive fixed it now.
Cheers
Brendan 0408412056
Snapper, whiting, flathead, squid, gummy shark, barracoota, salmon, murray cod, yellow belly, bass, pike, leather jacket, bream, school shark
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

Hmmm, not cheap are they ($2,395), neither is the Hobie one. I've been thinking about weather to get a 2 hp petrol motor for $600 to do longer distances or just get rid of the yaks all together and buy another boat.......probably go the boat I recon as it's quicker to get on the water.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
Brendandrage
Lord of the fish

Post by Brendandrage »

Jenko wrote:Hmmm, not cheap are they ($2,395), neither is the Hobie one. I've been thinking about weather to get a 2 hp petrol motor for $600 to do longer distances or just get rid of the yaks all together and buy another boat.......probably go the boat I recon as it's quicker to get on the water.
Your right Gary there not cheap but I wanted a lightweight and efficient system so this was the only choice I could find.
I looked at the bass yaks systems and even contacted min Kota for a light weight battery recommendation but they could only recommend an AGM battery and I didn't want that weight in the PA.
When you add the price of a charger and battery they are not that much more expensive and will still have the resale value if you choose to offload it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do and will post some details of the trials for anyone that's interested
Cheers
Brendan 0408412056
Drifta-X
Yak Master
kayak: 2010 hobie outback

Post by Drifta-X »

That is a lot of single cells to make 1 battery.
I survived the June 2012 Vyak server crash, just.
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

Bring down a tester for me next time m8
I wanna see the outback up on the plane :lol: :lol:
Brett