Berkley FS6's, Frenzy's & more!

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
Mordy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback Yellow

Re: Berkley FS6's, Frenzy's & more!

Post by Mordy »

Been having a bit of fun with the flicker shads lately
Flat head and pinkies on the 7cm model, even stripped a few back for a repaint, nice action.
Used the smaller 50cm Flicker shad 4gms dived to 3m on a school of salmon yesterday, hot action on these small 20cm bay trout.
just had to look for the seagulls sitting on the water. Must of caught and released about twenty of them.
At one stage I was feeling a bit cheeky so I just pulled the lure across the water top and the sambos just kept hitting it.
I notice that the trebles they are putting on these things are better quality, unlike the galvenised looking ones on the old models.
Flicked a few off mordy pier this morning and I was watching the nice wobble action these things have.
and for three dollars !!!
Might change on to singles, those trebles can get a bit messy on fish , and fishermans fingers...ouch!
the Flicker shad come in 4 sizes some suspending and some floating
see
http://www.purefishing.com.au/baits/fre ... ds-frenzy/
PMS (Pimp my shad)
bj fisherman
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie sport

Post by bj fisherman »

Just caught my first fish on these lures. Salmon and snook on one recent outing, and a pinkie on another outing. Trolling is new for me but I quiet enjoyed it.
Pb: snapper 67cm, garfish 44cm, calamari hood 25cm
Harvs
Apprentice
kayak: Perception swing 400

Post by Harvs »

I hit took a flicker shad for a tow last weekend. Paddled ffom Parkdale YC up to Mentone then towards table rock. Staying in 2-3 meters of water all the way. I was after flathead. No luck with the flatties. It the salmon loved it. Just a warning. If you paddle around these waters, there is a thick shaggy rope or cable lying on the seabed not too far past the beaumaris pier that took my favorite blue/sliver frenzy. That was in 3m of water, so I guess they do get down to their labeled depth. Anyway no big deal. Just put another one on. A different Colour, and it seemed to make no difference as The salmon still went for it.
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

If you can get hold of some of the FS9-SS suspending lures, I've found the work very well on flatties in shallower water (2-3m) if you troll slowly and allow them to rest every 30 seconds or so.

Cheers,

Mike.
blinky
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback

Post by blinky »

Was checking out the action on some of the berkley lures in my kyak and made a short video for the heck of it
Turtle
kayak: Hobie Outback Ivory Dune

Post by Turtle »

Rays Outdoors sells all of these lures. They always have them in their bargin bins.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

16,686 views :wtf: :shock: :wtf:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Post by viperdevil »

Ghurkin wrote:16,686 views :wtf: :shock: :wtf:

Think this will break Gangnam style lol
Praz
Kieran
kayak: Hobie AI, Cobra Tourer

Post by Kieran »

I brought an FS6 in the silver (Mingle's favorite colour) and gave it a tow around at Coronet Bay today, and in less than 20 mins I got 5 pike, which went with the one I caught on a plastic first up. And for less than $4 (the price has risen again) this is a fantastic lure :thumbsup: and I can see many more joining the tackle box
Cheers, Kieran
bruyaka
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Sport, Revo 13

Post by bruyaka »

Another year, another fan, another $1 on the price :D