COD Lures....

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Re: COD Lures....

Post by madfishman »

cheaterparts wrote:
madfishman wrote:Cod lures,
Just post up your favorite cod lure in this post, i got a couple so heres mine...
Cod Lure Ausspin lure.jpg
nice bend...
Aussipn lure
Black and Red
great cod spinner
Heaps of the mighty Cod.. 8-)

Neil
I've not caught a MC but I think I got a good hit on a spinner bait same colour red and black but with no hook up ( pulled its skirt down though )

of cause it was a Brooker spinner bait and they are much better lures just ask Brendanrage
haha nothing wrong with some skirt pulling, its nearly cod time and time to dust off some lure i think..you may have to trek up my way to go for a fish some time steve...its only a 30min drive from here.. ;)
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

I can supply a list of what hasn't worked for me - anything in my tackle box.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

madfishman wrote: its nearly cod time and time to dust off some lure i think..you may have to trek up my way to go for a fish some time steve...its only a 30min drive from here.. ;)
sounds like a plan Cod are still on my bucket list
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
JoelS88
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by JoelS88 »

I grew up in north east Victoria and before moving south I spent most of my summer's chasing cod. Spinnerbaits by far are the most effective lure in the rivers, anything in red or purple with black are my go I colours all with single or double Colorado blades. HB lures work as well but are hard to use in the Murray between corowa and hume dam wall. That being said the biggest cod I've picked up was 85cm and that was on a HB lure intended for a yella on lake hume and I had only had my outback for 2weeks!!!!
image.jpg
The lure was a mcgraths deep diver in the carp colour, still one of my favourite lures in lake hume.
riv
Lord of the fish
kayak: Outback

Post by riv »

This bad boy landed me my biggest Cod 84cm also in the same session landed 4 other fish between 30-62cm when ever I go up to the Murray I always make sure I have one of these in the tackle box.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo (1).JPG
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Post by wokka1 »

JoelS88 wrote: That being said the biggest cod I've picked up was 85cm and that was on a HB lure intended for a yella on lake hume and I had only had my outback for 2weeks!!!!
image.jpg
Holy crap, that thing's been in a good paddock !
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
BigPete68
Apprentice
kayak: "Down & Dirty" Hobie Outback

Post by BigPete68 »

JoelS88 wrote:I grew up in north east Victoria and before moving south I spent most of my summer's chasing cod. Spinnerbaits by far are the most effective lure in the rivers, anything in red or purple with black are my go I colours all with single or double Colorado blades. HB lures work as well but are hard to use in the Murray between corowa and hume dam wall. That being said the biggest cod I've picked up was 85cm and that was on a HB lure intended for a yella on lake hume and I had only had my outback for 2weeks!!!!
image.jpg
The lure was a mcgraths deep diver in the carp colour, still one of my favourite lures in lake hume.
Hi Joel. I fish Hume a lot. Have caught 2 cod in the lake this year.
The Pines and Tallangatta Narrows areas are best I have found for Cod at least. That one in your pic is one of the better I have seen come out. Great fish.