Can some one help me

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
misterpb59
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA14

Can some one help me

Post by misterpb59 »

Just got back from my second ABT Kayak round at Paynesville and all I can say is what a disaster. Broke a rod , my phone took a dip and did not land a Bream.
I am really disappointed as my usual Bream fishing tactics (Camo worm and a few lures) did not work and have realised by observing others in the comp (the amount of different lures they had) that I really need to change things like getting to know someone that can teach this old fella what lures he needs and how to use them. Also someone to go on trips and learn a few things that will help me in competitions
Is there anyone out there than can assist me please?
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Re: Can some one help me

Post by ratfish »

Lobo went down the path of competing as a non-boater in the boating events and learnt plenty from that I believe.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

It was a tough comp this year I believe. Paynesville and the Gippsland Lakes in general can be difficult until we hit warmer weather.

It takes local knowledge at this time of year and the fish are around but mostly still moving through the rivers as yet.

I found a good patch last week and was getting bites on local prawn but couldn't raise any interest using vibes. I spent almost 4 hours and covered a lots of ground in my boat to find decent fish as it was.

I often fish the jetties in Newlands Arm but the fish aren't back there as yet.

I understand that the fish weighed in were much less than one per competitor, which is pretty poor, so not just you.

Sorry to hear of your disasters.
Saegake3
Apprentice
kayak: PA

Post by Saegake3 »

Hi peter I hear ya I was down there for the comp as well ddnt do to good on the first day but found a patch on the second day and got my 3 fish they wernt big but they are there just gotta find them. As far lures as is concern u dnt really need lots of them u jst gota stick wif the couple that u knw wil catch fish and be confident in them. I often go to the vic rounds wif a couple guys so if u are interested in joining us feel free to send me a message
misterpb59
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA14

Post by misterpb59 »

Thankyou to everybody for their replies
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Chat with Scott at SLH or Matt Petrie from Yak Angler or even Neil Carstairs who is off crook at the moment, they are all a wealth if information, a lot of the ABTers don't read a lot of VYAK.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.