Few changes

Our policy and site announcements(Upgrades/migrations, etc)
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Re: Few changes

Post by Yacker »

Its not just lurkers for me thats an issue, nor overexposure of your fav spots, its the bloody google bots and similar. I was doing some googling on the topic of a post that had been up for less than 3 hours, and found a reference to the post itself on google :wtf: It's amazing how many vyakers avatars can be found with a google image search. Seems like the web bots are some of our most regular guests.

I assume if we make sections of the site members only, that prevents access by the bots :?: :?:
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

I assume so, but I will look into it. I think we can deny bots access to as I think Vyak has enough members as it is.
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

MitchT wrote:I assume so, but I will look into it. I think we can deny bots access to as I think Vyak has enough members as it is.

Might be worth looking into, I cant really see an advantage having them here, though perhaps they raise the profile of the site and make it easier to find for newbies.
As for having enough members, that's a discussion I'd be interested to hear others views on?
I'm a bit curious as to what the longer term plans for the site are, or if its ever been considered?
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
IceManDude
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by IceManDude »

Good stuff fellas!!

there are a lot of trolls out there :down: