Fish preparation

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
dirtridn2010
Apprentice
kayak: Slayer propel

Fish preparation

Post by dirtridn2010 »

I was introduced to a neat little method of readying fish for cooking earlier this year.
While it is new to me, you guys may already know about it.
i was told to mix generous amounts of LEMON JUICE(bottled stuff is fine), SUGAR and some water.
put it into a container with the fish fillets and leave for 4-6 hours, or even overnight.

This was suggested to us by a old fella who has been fishing since the dawn of time(well almost)!

He says it makes the fish taste great.
My wife and I tried it on Sand whiting fillets and BlackFish fillets while up at Lake Conjola.
Now no big deal so far, but i did have to fillet the fish myself, and I know that I am not good enough to get all the bones out.
Once we cooked up this fish in a Pan we were amazed to find that NONE of the fish fillets we ate had any bones....NONE.
Now as I said I ain't that good.....but NO bones.
The fish tasted great, with just a hint of lemon.
Maybe it is a chemical reaction between the Lemon and the Sugar with he bones, I don't know.
But As I said...No BONES!

Enjoy, we did!!
Happy Yakking !!
:thumbsup:
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Fish preparation

Post by cheaterparts »

try doing some King George Whiting by filleting them and removing the rib cage and skinning them

put them in fresh lemon juice and leave in the fridge for couple of hours

serve with salad -- no need to cook them the lemon does that for you
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657