Smoked salmon pizza

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Smoked salmon pizza

Post by happyas »

I have been recently shown a new (to me) way of doing pizzas. Very thin crust. Make your pizza dough the usual way and let it rest and rise. Squash it back down and cut off a piece that when rolled into a ball is the size of a pool ball. Flatten it down and continue flattening from the centre out with the palm of your hand. Now use a rolling pin to continue, still from the centre out. It should end up about the size of a dinner plate and about 0.5mm thick. Let it sit for a half hour or so to rise a bit again. The topping is a salsa verde sauce spread on the dough, chunks of smoked (pink) salmon distributed on the top and pieces of Brie cheese sprinkled around. To load the topping, place the flattened dough on to 2 squarish placemats butted against each other, along the centre line of the flattened dough. When you have loaded the topping, carry the two mats with the dough resting on them, lower them onto the hot pizza stone and slide the mats out each side. Cook on a pizza stone in a hot oven until the edges are going brown. (You may get bubbles in the pastry.) Top with spoonsfull of sour cream and ENJOY. My mouth is watering just thinking about it, yum. You can of course use traditional pizza toppings as well.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Re: Smoked salmon pizza

Post by Seasherpa »

I worked in an italian pizza joint for a few years and we had a variation on this one. Here's the ingredients in order
-thin base
-small amount of napoli sauce on base
-small amount of mozzarella (just enough to hold the salmon on the pizza)
-layer of smoked tassie salmon
-teaspoon sized amounts of cream cheese
-some spanish onion
-some capers to finish

I don't have a pic but its pretty tasty.