Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by mingle »

Was looking for a replacement for a Sienna 2500FD and was considering the Penn Slammer 260, but settled on a Fin-Nor Lethal (stupid name for a reel) LT25 - the smallest in the range.

I compared one against the Slammer and it has similar capacity, but weighs a fraction less and is another step-up in terms of build quality and 'solid' feel.

I managed to get it for a bargain price ($38 with a few coupons helping out...).

Currently on sale at Dinga for about 82 bucks, which is a steal anyway.

Here's it compared to the Sienna, which it sh*ts all over - again it feels solid, like it's carved out of a single chunk of alloy...
lt25_1.JPG
lt25_2.JPG
lt25_3.JPG
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Good buy Mike. :up:
I agree it's a big step up from the sienna and much of the improvement should be in the internals. I find the sienna reels fail relatively quickly with the oscillation gear one of the first to go.
Last edited by shane on 28 Mar 2018, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
0408 565 763
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Post by Hammertime »

shane wrote:Good buy Mike. :up:
I agree it's a big step up from the siena and much of the improvement should be in the internals. I find the siena reels fail relatively quickly with the oscilation gear one of the first to go.
My Sienna's are still going, but then again mine would see in a year the amount of action yours see in a week Shane
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

That is a great price Mike, i would like to have a look at the pen 260 i have a feeling it might be quite big :( . I went on the hunt today for a range of gear, got merino thermals from katmandu on special for $50 each got 2 cam locks from boating place for $20 each and finally found some scotty mounts at AWS got 2 for $10 each, got online only to find dinga is out of stock on berkely qs holders lol oh well that leaves more to put on my dry gear from SLH ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

They're a good little reel. I use one for my 2-4kg setup and I'll get another soon. They're very different to the Lethal 100 and don't have the same build quality but still quite good plus the drag is sealed with is always a bonus on the yak.
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

have 2 x 4000 and 2x 6000, great reels and will get a couple of the smaller ones soon :thumbsup:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

I happen to be browsing though anaconda on ebay and came across berkely quick set holders for $24 with free delivery also bought some mono leader 100m for $15, i also noticed motackle have a shop there with free delivery.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

Peter use some Penn super x line for leader material, a lot cheaper and very strong :thumbsup:
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

peatop wrote:I berkely quick set holders for $24.
Dont forget to give the adjuster bolts an occasional spray otherwise the thumbscrew will seize up in time
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

laneends wrote:
peatop wrote:I berkely quick set holders for $24.
Dont forget to give the adjuster bolts an occasional spray otherwise the thumbscrew will seize up in time
And the bolt will rust away and the bail spring will disintegrate and you'll have to buy a new one. :roll: A bit of inox goes a long way.
0408 565 763