Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by chrisw »

westy wrote:l want some too :D
Warren, KMart usually has the Shads quite often, but never seen the new Flickers any where :o
I'm about to order some other stuff from Amazon and have thrown a few of these into my shopping cart. I'm happy to pick up a few extra at cost if anyone wants them as the additional shipping for each is pretty small.
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Search Aliexpress for Flicker Shad. US$6.79 or US$6.90 each includes postage.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Post by wokka1 »

Steve_R wrote:Search Aliexpress for Flicker Shad. US$6.79 or US$6.90 each includes postage.
The Flicker minnow and Flicker shad are different lures. SImilar but the minnow has a sleeker profile and the Pro series has some nifty holographic like colours. The shads are pretty easy to find in Aus, the minnows aren't.

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... er#p229330
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

wokka1 wrote:
Steve_R wrote:Search Aliexpress for Flicker Shad. US$6.79 or US$6.90 each includes postage.
The Flicker minnow and Flicker shad are different lures. SImilar but the minnow has a sleeker profile and the Pro series has some nifty holographic like colours. The shads are pretty easy to find in Aus, the minnows aren't.

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... er#p229330
Call me educated... well, maybe about Berkely Minnow if nothing else.

Some well-known brands seem to sell via AliExpress. It's always worth a search if the alternative is Amazon.com and their (currently) frustrating mail options.

Fishpond.com.au is sometimes worth a look for US goods, as well. In this case, they have a small range of Berkley Flicker Minnows but $22.21. That's today's price (including postage). Tomorrow, the exchange rate or the price they buy at may be different. I don't have a lot of experience buying via Fishpond.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
chrisw
Square eyes

Post by chrisw »

Went and saw Mick at Hooked On Bait & Tackle today to get my initial gear setup. He was quite helpful and I ended up with an Amped S-701M + Shimano 2500FB spooled with 200m of 5kg Toray F4, plus all the tools, tackle and misc stuff I needed. First fishing gear I've bought in about three decades so I'm pretty stoked :D
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

I have two of those amped rods, 2-6lb and 4-8lb, and I think they're awesome (although I've never really owned expensive rods) :up:
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

chrisw wrote:Went and saw Mick at Hooked On Bait & Tackle today to get my initial gear setup. He was quite helpful and I ended up with an Amped S-701M + Shimano 2500FB spooled with 200m of 5kg Toray F4, plus all the tools, tackle and misc stuff I needed. First fishing gear I've bought in about three decades so I'm pretty stoked :D
Good bloke is Mick. He will not only do the right thing by you, but he will also look after you....brilliant on after sales service.
If you dont see something you are after on the racks, ask before you leave.....got caught out a few times.

Apart from anythig else he actually does walk the walk and talk the talk.......most places employ staff that dont fish and never have.
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
chrisw
Square eyes

Post by chrisw »

Tim399 wrote:I have two of those amped rods, 2-6lb and 4-8lb, and I think they're awesome (although I've never really owned expensive rods) :up:
As a matter of fact up until about a week ago I would have thought that the S-701M was an 'expensive' rod. Then I got to see the beautiful carbon-fiber unit that Allan of MSP has and almost fell over when he told me what it cost :o ... it changed my perspective a little :evilgrin:. That thing damn near floated off my hand it's so light!
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

I got lured in by reading all the good things Shane has been talking about on hb's

I hoe I picked some good uns. From what I've read on many threads I've got ones for different depths from trolling between points

Nath

Also grabbed a frenzie which for some reason has been cropped off when I view my pic on the tablet
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Good choices :thumbsup:

pics being chopped is when you have a high res photo. If you reduce your page view zoom level you will see whole pic. Do the same when you see others have posted likewise.