Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by peatop »

laneends wrote:
4liters wrote: I haven't had any issues with the rod holders dipping forward yet.
That happens when you make extensions as you are relying on DIY friction spacers as you have seperated the head cogs. Not a big issue as you dont normally change the angle of these holders much (one of the reasons the thumb adjusters seize up is because you dont use them often). You just have to cut the tube at an angke to provide a stop.

The scotty holders may be a little looser, but they are stronger. I had a ray rip one of my berkley holders apart. I have since added SS hose clips around the neck of the holder to reinforce it, and shortened the extender to reduce leverage. Just make sure you install the scotty holder with the release tab in a convenient orientation. They are probably different to the berkley ones
I remember reading about the berkely mount breaking, i think it was shane that mentioned it, that sort of put me off them a bit till you mentioned to use scotty mounts, on a slightly different subject. I once read that man should be born old and wise then grow young, this would eleviate the pain of having to learn everything by repetitive failure. Lol
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

In my first thread i said mo tackle was on ebay, my mistake its was otto's i was thinking.
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

Received my berkley qs holders today, found that the sit a bit low, however after a little modification similar to Naths they should do the job well. Thanks for the recommendations :up:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

I bought some 25mm aluminum shs from bunnings after looking at suitable bolts for the modifications, i decided to just get a 1200mm length of 6mm 314 allthread after pulling the holders apart found they have a 65mm stiffening threaded screw in the shaft that fixes into the mount (glad i bought allthread ), this led me to investigate further in the better light of day which surprised me to find that the quality of the holders was hmm lets say, they look like a cheap chinese rip off, :cry: they are made from some type of polypropylene but without a fiberglass or similar fill, I'm somewhat disappointed in the construction but the design is perfect. I've replaced all the bolts as they were ms, with 314 ss. Has anyone else had similar thoughts about these holders?
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

I've been wanting to get a full dry suit that fits me well, but there's not much available in Aus. So I took a 1 hour train ride from London up to Northampton to a chandlery that had a few on sale. I ended up getting this one, including the Wooly Bear and 60L dry bag. Normal RRP £399 reduced to £245 then another 10% off for Black Friday sales, so under $400, which is pretty good for a drysuit.

Now I just need to fit it into my luggage. :?
0408 565 763
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

Nice Shane, if it comes to it you could always wear it :o
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

peatop wrote:Nice Shane, if it comes to it you could always wear it :o
-6C here in Oslo today. I probably should have worn it :roll: .
0408 565 763
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Shout out to Maverick, who a couple of months ago shared the details on Facebook with the guys who sorted him out with his vinyl decals for his new compass.

Ever since I've been thinking of what to get and then, when my green and white stealth arrived I realised what it had to be - the red Dragon of Wales to finish off my national flag.
(Not really that extensive but pleased with the edition and really happy with the service)
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

That looks excellent and unique Nath
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy