Red Centre.

Completely off topic!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Red Centre.

Post by peatop »

Gotta love those houses in Cooper pedy, I've often looked at Cooper pedy on google maps (Birdseye view) and it looks like either an old rubish dump or its been hit by a bomb, I've always liked mudbrick houses and the idea of subterranean is somewhat an extension to that.

I take it that you didn't fish off one of the many bridges crossing the Todd then? Lol the railing on one of the bridges on the southern end of town is hinged and when they get notification of flood they drop the rail to aid in helping anyone that get in trouble, they also drive along the riverbed telling all the Aborigines that it's time to leave the river as a flood is coming, the Todd is home to many Aboriginal families.

What an awesome trip Larry :thumbsup: nice pics.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

We spent 4 nights in the Underground Motel shown in the pic. We went out to the Breakaways via the Dog Fence and the Moon Planes. We were told that it gets up to 65 centigrade on the planes in summer. Only a small percentage of the opal fields have been investigated at this stage. So there plenty more there, but you have to be a certain kind of crazy to do it. We saw wild camels, horses, plenty of cattle, sheep, emus, kangaroos, eagles and crows along the unfenced roads. The speed limit in much of the Northern Territory is 130 kph. Lots of extra long semis (road trains) as well. We stayed at the most basic place one night. The cabin was very basic but the pub meal/beer was good at Kulgera. But, boy was it cold. No moisture so no frost overnight, but I reckon it was close to zero degrees. It was an unforgettable experience. I think we may have taken at least 200 photos.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Thanks for sharing Larry, looks epic mate, I must make there trip there one of these days.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway