Foxes in your neighborhood

Completely off topic!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Foxes in your neighborhood

Post by peatop »

Anywhere there is a creek, bit of scrub, hole, park, vacant land, vacant house, anywhere they think they can hide, they will be there, i used to live about 300m from the back end of the brickworks in box hill when i was very little, we were given 1/2 dozen chooks with layer cages, they only lasted 2 days :wtf:

It wouldn't surprise me if you walked down one of the dark back streets in the city before sun up you would spot a fox.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

cobby wrote:Hit one at 100km/h. Split it in half, 4k of damage to the car (Subaru Liberty), blood and guts literally everywhere like it was blown up by a bomb. That one wasn't so smart and cunning
Not so sure about that he didn't have to reach into his pocket. :lol: :lol:
I reckon I have seen more foxes in built up areas than out in the scrub.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
JägerMarty
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outback 2015

Post by JägerMarty »

cobby wrote:Hit one at 100km/h. Split it in half, 4k of damage to the car (Subaru Liberty), blood and guts literally everywhere like it was blown up by a bomb. That one wasn't so smart and cunning
I nailed one on the Nepean hwy comin home from work one night, no car damage though. Prick definitely wasn't getting up. :lol:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

spider25160 wrote:
True spider, i lived up near casterton in the bush and only ever saw one, that was living in a rocky outcrop down by the Glenelg river, it used to check everywhere to make sure it wasn't being followed or something before going into it's den.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
cobby
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie i9s

Post by cobby »

spider25160 wrote:
Thankfully insurance took care of that. The excess still hurt. Was wet, on the old frankston freeway pre peninsula link days just before the Rutherford road turn off, fox tried the bolt across, stopped as I was almost on top of it then boom. Head and shoulders went under the car, remainder went sky high, blue car became red, orange and all sorts of wonderful smelling colours that thankfully the rain washed off.

Ironically 2 weeks ago, picked up a large screw in a tyre that then popped almost immediately in the exact same area of road... :roll:
Bomber James
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie PA

Post by Bomber James »

With new chooks back in the yard and beefed up anti fox fencing,all seems to be going well,
Ive also installed a home made fox trap,and caught and disposed 4 foxes in 5 weeks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: