Bad news for Digger.....

Completely off topic!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Bad news for Digger.....

Post by bunyip »

Welcome back but the news is not good, we are thinking about selling up and have found a place in Tambo Upper, can see your place almost.
Not decided yet and have to find out if the natives are friendly.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: Bad news for Digger.....

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:Welcome back but the news is not good, we are thinking about selling up and have found a place in Tambo Upper, can see your place almost.
Not decided yet and have to find out if the natives are friendly.
Oh S#!^! There goes the neighbourhood!

Seriously Iain, do it! You will never regret it mate!

After 36 hours of travel finishing late yesterday, I’m thinking in hieroglyphics ATM but it’s great being cool again....bloody tropical Britain!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

My brother got back a couple of weeks ago and also complained of the Queensland weather, he said that a lot of places are now dominated by Chinese, used to be West Indians, enjoyed the 5 day distillery tour and Ireland which he said are pretty much still untouched.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:My brother got back a couple of weeks ago and also complained of the Queensland weather, he said that a lot of places are now dominated by Chinese, used to be West Indians, enjoyed the 5 day distillery tour and Ireland which he said are pretty much still untouched.

Kensington in London used to be a high profile area now it’s like downtown Beirut! Billions of Chinese tourists hunting in packs everywhere, won’t even look at you, much less talk to you!

Not missing that part, but all the Brits we met were great...just like us with an accent!

Didn’t have time for a distillery tour but we did Guinness which turned out to be a big audio visual in an old factory, plus a free pint of the dark stuff. I think it was about $80 each (AUD) to get in!

You can double prices there and especially meals out.

Bloody expensive but the trip of a lifetime!