Going AWOL For A While!

Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: Going AWOL For A While!

Post by Digger »

Tim399 wrote:Sounds like a ripper holiday dig, I’m looking forward to the report :up:
Thanks Tim. Report? I have to do a report?

Crikey~
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Digger wrote:
What sort of bait would you use for Nessie?? (tour guides, loud obnoxious tourists?)
Sassenachs :roll:
I was supposed to be over there a couple of weeks ago, applied for a new passport and it is now official, I don't exist.
Bet if I walked into a bank with a sawn off shotgun I would.
Have been trying to resolve this for a few months now and no idea how long it is going to take but I think I have missed the UK summer, my brother is over there and amused by the poms dropping like flies in the high 20's.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

First off, you and mrs dig have lots of fun. Have you not watched the water horse? Nesse is a water horse ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:
Digger wrote:
What sort of bait would you use for Nessie?? (tour guides, loud obnoxious tourists?)
I was supposed to be over there a couple of weeks ago, applied for a new passport and it is now official, I don't exist.
Have been trying to resolve this for a few months now and no idea how long it is going to take but I think I have missed the UK summer, my brother is over there and amused by the poms dropping like flies in the high 20's.

Crikey they’re whinging about the heat too! Not happy Jan!

It’s OK all of here knew you didn’t exist anyway...Grin~
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

peatop wrote:First off, you and mrs dig have lots of fun. Have you not watched the water horse? Nesse is a water horse ;)
Thanks Pete I’m sure it will be a memorable holiday (it should be for what it’s cost)

Anything largish appears in that loch, I’m happy a snappin’.

What a trip report that would make...I can see it now: “New PB..30 metre Plesiosaur!”
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Digger wrote:
bunyip wrote:
Digger wrote:

Crikey they’re whinging about the heat too! Not happy Jan!

It’s OK all of here knew you didn’t exist anyway...Grin~
Maybe its the humidity that does them in. I read a maximum 40% in one report. Maybe you better take sports clothing that wicks the sweat away.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Yes Steve that’s exactly what I thought too.

Singapore is where it will be uncomfortably hot this time of year and you are advises to carry a small towel to wipe the sweat off your face every few minutes.

I think we’re going to be haunting air-conditioned malls while we are there.

As for Britain, Aussies are tougher than Poms anyway~ (except for snow)
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

My son just came back from vietnam, he found the weather mostly unbearable :lol: Some time ago i left the western districts to travel from Adelaide to Alice Springs, the morning of departure it was a very nice July morning sun blazing a cool 5-6° an foggy :lol: totally rugged up we borded the plane as we headed north we started peeling the layers off, arriving at Alice Springs 19° dressed in a singlet and tracky pants and sweating like a pig (hmm funny as pigs don't sweat) stayed there a month, on departure 35° dressed in shorts and T shirt (mental note, next time take carry on luggage, change of cloths) arrived back in Adelaide about 5pm to find the fog still hadn't lifted nor had the temp :shock: it was bloody freezing waiting for our luggage which just happened to be the last of the plane :(
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

peatop wrote:My son just came back from vietnam, he found the weather mostly unbearable :lol: Some time ago i left the western districts to travel from Adelaide to Alice Springs, the morning of departure it was a very nice July morning sun blazing a cool 5-6° an foggy :lol: totally rugged up we borded the plane as we headed north we started peeling the layers off, arriving at Alice Springs 19° dressed in a singlet and tracky pants and sweating like a pig (hmm funny as pigs don't sweat) stayed there a month, on departure 35° dressed in shorts and T shirt (mental note, next time take carry on luggage, change of cloths) arrived back in Adelaide about 5pm to find the fog still hadn't lifted nor had the temp :shock: it was bloody freezing waiting for our luggage which just happened to be the last of the plane :(

I found Vietnam more bearable than Darwin in summer to be honest.

We will be rugged up tomorrow but like you we’re gonna be hanging out to get into shorts and light stuff when we hit the hotel in Singapore.

It’s freezing here today cold and strong winds so to be honest we will be pleased to see some nice weather for a change and when we get back there will only be a couple weeks of (official) winter left.

Pity my legs have lost their tan, somebody might mistake me for a Pom!!!

It’s OK I’ll wear my Kangaroo socks~
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Arrived at Heathrow from Singapore yesterday after a long flight.

Singapore Airlines A380 is a nice ride especially in Premium Economy.

However my reason for posting is to say that my long held conviction that Pommy beer is warm flat Camels piss hasn’t altered!
I was so desperate for a brew I even tried Fosters on tap and now marvel that we haven’t been expelled from the British Commonwealth for crimes against nature!

Being the soul of fairness that I am, I will seek a wider sampling before I solidify my opinion! However my heart remains in those clear mountain waters of Caledonia and the fine distillations that place miraculously transforms them into.

It’s a hard job, but someones got to do it....Sigh~