It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 07:15

Jump Starters

Completely off topic!

Re: Jump Starters

Postby bunyip » 17 Jun 2018, 15:19

Steve_R wrote:That's not something I would use more than once every five years. However, I could have loaned one out to a neighbour about two weeks ago and it would be handy to back up the phone. What maintenance charging is needed?

The Chinglish translation for the 82800mAh eBay model is a laugh. Here are some highlights
Broken windows safety hammer, to prevent accidents
...
Fast flashing model" for self-defense when meet attack.(use it shot his eyes!)
...
After fully charged one time, can keep about months.
...
8 type laptop charging head for choose.
...
By using our 1x 4in1 usb line ,you can charge 1* iphone 6 or 1* Android phone at the same time without need waiting!


Still scratching the head about the last one.


I worked briefly for a chinese bloke and he talked like that 'meeting tomorrow, you come be there'
He always reminded me of the 'Fliday Gleek plick' joke.
User avatar
bunyip
Square eyes
 
Posts: 526
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 12:50
Location: Lang Lang
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello
Real Name: Iain

Re: Jump Starters

Postby Seasherpa » 17 Jun 2018, 17:59

Not sure how he'd go down the farm Dig, but he can definitely jump a start!

Image
User avatar
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: 28 Sep 2012, 11:31
Location: Newport
kayak: Lots of glass ones
Real Name: Eoin (Owen)

Re: Jump Starters

Postby Steve_R » 17 Jun 2018, 20:03

bunyip wrote:
I worked briefly for a chinese bloke and he talked like that 'meeting tomorrow, you come be there'
He always reminded me of the 'Fliday Gleek plick' joke.


E probly adter andel Strine. Nodeazy wenya expectn inlish.
Image

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus
User avatar
Steve_R
Square eyes
 
Posts: 726
Joined: 28 Jul 2014, 12:24
Location: Eden
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer
Real Name: Stephen

Re: Jump Starters

Postby Digger » 17 Jun 2018, 22:37

Chuckle...silly buggers!

A few minutes ago it was pissing down, might be heading for 20mm today..Yay!
User avatar
Digger
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 6038
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 08:20
Location: Beautiful East Gippsland
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!
Real Name: Rob

Re: Jump Starters

Postby bunyip » 18 Jun 2018, 03:42

we had something of a deluge but when post hole digging found it hasn't penetrated much, just a lot of surfacee water.
the exception was one spot where the horses congregate and had to pull out daughters landcruiser when she droppped off a round bale.
User avatar
bunyip
Square eyes
 
Posts: 526
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 12:50
Location: Lang Lang
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello
Real Name: Iain

Re: Jump Starters

Postby Digger » 18 Jun 2018, 07:58

bunyip wrote:we had something of a deluge but when post hole digging found it hasn't penetrated much, just a lot of surfacee water.
the exception was one spot where the horses congregate and had to pull out daughters landcruiser when she droppped off a round bale.



Over the years we’ve been here we’ve had some significant droughts so I’m familiar with what that does to the soil.

After being dry for so long the soil becomes non-absorbant and if I were to go out and scratch down half an inch it will be powder dry still. The rain just runs off, causing erosion and loss of seed. It will take a soaking over a few days before penetration occurs and that really means that only rainfall of flood proportions will bring the soil back to absorbency. At least that’s what happens here.

Bring it on!
User avatar
Digger
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 6038
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 08:20
Location: Beautiful East Gippsland
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!
Real Name: Rob

Re: Jump Starters

Postby Digger » 18 Jun 2018, 10:36

We actually ended up with 44mm from yesterday and have had some heavy showers this morning so perhaps the event will bring 2 inches which is sorely needed.
User avatar
Digger
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 6038
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 08:20
Location: Beautiful East Gippsland
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!
Real Name: Rob

Re: Jump Starters

Postby bunyip » 18 Jun 2018, 11:35

We have had about two weeks of rain it seems more than you have had, we are on sand and coffee rock but it just will not soak in except one area where we have a pile of basalt rocks that I can't get near with the tractor as it just sinks in that spot.
It sort of reminds me of an old friend of mine whom we lovingly used to call Marvin, didn't matter what the situation was he would always cast a negative aspect over it, it's a beautiful sunny day today, I'll probably get sunburnt, you just won tatts, look at all the tax I will have to pay on the interest.
We are getting the rain but no benefits but I shall refrain from being 'Marvin' (from Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy).
Sadly 'Marvin' died about 3 years ago and we were entrusted with scattering his ashes, true to form when they arrived we couldn't get the bloody box open and I swear I could hear a celestial snicker.
User avatar
bunyip
Square eyes
 
Posts: 526
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 12:50
Location: Lang Lang
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello
Real Name: Iain

Re: Jump Starters

Postby peatop » 18 Jun 2018, 11:57

bunyip wrote:We have had about two weeks of rain it seems more than you have had, we are on sand and coffee rock but it just will not soak in except one area where we have a pile of basalt rocks that I can't get near with the tractor as it just sinks in that spot.
It sort of reminds me of an old friend of mine whom we lovingly used to call Marvin, didn't matter what the situation was he would always cast a negative aspect over it, it's a beautiful sunny day today, I'll probably get sunburnt, you just won tatts, look at all the tax I will have to pay on the interest.
We are getting the rain but no benefits but I shall refrain from being 'Marvin' (from Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy).
Sadly 'Marvin' died about 3 years ago and we were entrusted with scattering his ashes, true to form when they arrived we couldn't get the bloody box open and I swear I could hear a celestial snicker.

Lol@marvin, up where i lived we had 2 brothers they were raised from a very large poor family and were chalk and cheese. They lived together, were both well off(deservedly so, they urned it) but one was "YES" and one "NO" If you ask either for anything Rodger(lumpy or "NO MAN") would say No! Ewan would say Yes, the reason we called Rodger lumpy was he had a lump on his head like Jean Claude Van Dam, but bigger.

We found after about 6" of rain it was unadvisable to leave a well formed track or you sank to your axels, this was usually by the middle or June on most years, and closer to the end on dry years, drought years you could drive anywhere you could in summer. Although i never saw a drought while there, it does seem that the weather has definitely gotten dryer over the last 20 years though.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, do we count toadies?
peatop
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: 17 Sep 2017, 19:34
Location: Clifton springs
kayak: Dragon pro, lovig maverick and dune PA14
Real Name: Peter

Previous

Return to The Ride Home

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest