Jump Starters

Completely off topic!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Re: Jump Starters

Post by bunyip »

Steve_R wrote:That's not something I would use more than once every five years. However, I could have loaned one out to a neighbour about two weeks ago and it would be handy to back up the phone. What maintenance charging is needed?

The Chinglish translation for the 82800mAh eBay model is a laugh. Here are some highlights
Broken windows safety hammer, to prevent accidents
Fast flashing model" for self-defense when meet attack.(use it shot his eyes!)
After fully charged one time, can keep about months.
8 type laptop charging head for choose.
By using our 1x 4in1 usb line ,you can charge 1* iphone 6 or 1* Android phone at the same time without need waiting!
Still scratching the head about the last one.
I worked briefly for a chinese bloke and he talked like that 'meeting tomorrow, you come be there'
He always reminded me of the 'Fliday Gleek plick' joke.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Not sure how he'd go down the farm Dig, but he can definitely jump a start!

Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

bunyip wrote:
I worked briefly for a chinese bloke and he talked like that 'meeting tomorrow, you come be there'
He always reminded me of the 'Fliday Gleek plick' joke.
E probly adter andel Strine. Nodeazy wenya expectn inlish.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Chuckle...silly buggers!

A few minutes ago it was pissing down, might be heading for 20mm today..Yay!
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

we had something of a deluge but when post hole digging found it hasn't penetrated much, just a lot of surfacee water.
the exception was one spot where the horses congregate and had to pull out daughters landcruiser when she droppped off a round bale.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:we had something of a deluge but when post hole digging found it hasn't penetrated much, just a lot of surfacee water.
the exception was one spot where the horses congregate and had to pull out daughters landcruiser when she droppped off a round bale.

Over the years we’ve been here we’ve had some significant droughts so I’m familiar with what that does to the soil.

After being dry for so long the soil becomes non-absorbant and if I were to go out and scratch down half an inch it will be powder dry still. The rain just runs off, causing erosion and loss of seed. It will take a soaking over a few days before penetration occurs and that really means that only rainfall of flood proportions will bring the soil back to absorbency. At least that’s what happens here.

Bring it on!
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

We actually ended up with 44mm from yesterday and have had some heavy showers this morning so perhaps the event will bring 2 inches which is sorely needed.
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

We have had about two weeks of rain it seems more than you have had, we are on sand and coffee rock but it just will not soak in except one area where we have a pile of basalt rocks that I can't get near with the tractor as it just sinks in that spot.
It sort of reminds me of an old friend of mine whom we lovingly used to call Marvin, didn't matter what the situation was he would always cast a negative aspect over it, it's a beautiful sunny day today, I'll probably get sunburnt, you just won tatts, look at all the tax I will have to pay on the interest.
We are getting the rain but no benefits but I shall refrain from being 'Marvin' (from Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy).
Sadly 'Marvin' died about 3 years ago and we were entrusted with scattering his ashes, true to form when they arrived we couldn't get the bloody box open and I swear I could hear a celestial snicker.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

bunyip wrote:We have had about two weeks of rain it seems more than you have had, we are on sand and coffee rock but it just will not soak in except one area where we have a pile of basalt rocks that I can't get near with the tractor as it just sinks in that spot.
It sort of reminds me of an old friend of mine whom we lovingly used to call Marvin, didn't matter what the situation was he would always cast a negative aspect over it, it's a beautiful sunny day today, I'll probably get sunburnt, you just won tatts, look at all the tax I will have to pay on the interest.
We are getting the rain but no benefits but I shall refrain from being 'Marvin' (from Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy).
Sadly 'Marvin' died about 3 years ago and we were entrusted with scattering his ashes, true to form when they arrived we couldn't get the bloody box open and I swear I could hear a celestial snicker.
Lol@marvin, up where i lived we had 2 brothers they were raised from a very large poor family and were chalk and cheese. They lived together, were both well off(deservedly so, they urned it) but one was "YES" and one "NO" If you ask either for anything Rodger(lumpy or "NO MAN") would say No! Ewan would say Yes, the reason we called Rodger lumpy was he had a lump on his head like Jean Claude Van Dam, but bigger.

We found after about 6" of rain it was unadvisable to leave a well formed track or you sank to your axels, this was usually by the middle or June on most years, and closer to the end on dry years, drought years you could drive anywhere you could in summer. Although i never saw a drought while there, it does seem that the weather has definitely gotten dryer over the last 20 years though.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm