International Flights?

Completely off topic!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Re: International Flights?

Post by bunyip »

I remember one flight from Melbourne to Hobart and our cargo was a bunch of smartarse Army Cadets, we got to cruising altitude and switched to auto pilot then tied a ball of string to the back of the pilots and co pilots seat and ran it through the back of the aircraft.
Told the cadets to hold it carefully as it was connected to the controls, they took it then the pilot and co pilot walked out for a cuppa.
The cadets were shitting themselves and didn't budge for about 10 minutes holding the string between finger and thumb at about face level until they went back to the cockpit.
(Caribous had many configurations but often seat as in this instance was along the fuselage either side with some cargo in the centre).
The toilet was a dunny seat with heavy plastic bag, it was often removed when partially full and placed in a red cross box and dropped where noggies (Viet Cong) were known to be.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:I remember one flight from Melbourne to Hobart and our cargo was a bunch of smartarse Army Cadets, we got to cruising altitude and switched to auto pilot then tied a ball of string to the back of the pilots and co pilots seat and ran it through the back of the aircraft.
Told the cadets to hold it carefully as it was connected to the controls, they took it then the pilot and co pilot walked out for a cuppa.
The cadets were shitting themselves and didn't budge for about 10 minutes holding the string between finger and thumb at about face level until they went back to the cockpit.
(Caribous had many configurations but often seat as in this instance was along the fuselage either side with some cargo in the centre).
The toilet was a dunny seat with heavy plastic bag, it was often removed when partially full and placed in a red cross box and dropped where noggies (Viet Cong) were known to be.
Seems entirely appropriate to me!
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Maybe you could use Google's new flight delays prediction in your planning?
https://blog.google/topics/travel/get-h ... ys-winter/

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/