International Flights?

Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

International Flights?

Post by Digger »

Curious about your experiences with long haul flights?

We’re heading for the UK in July and have yet to book the air travel.

Good experiences?

Bad experiences?

Economy seating? Any better than others.

The obvious one is QANTAS but they are dearer than some others who may be alright. Hearing good things about Singapore airlines. Any one have any knowledge here please?
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: International Flights?

Post by chrisw »

I've found Air NZ to be pretty decent. Prefer it over Qantas these days, though to be fair I generally only travel to the US.
*Gab*
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Pro Fisha 475

Post by *Gab* »

Singapore all day long. :thumbsup:
Way better even then Emirates.
I love not man the less, but nature more..
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

I've flown Emirates, Singapore and most recently Qatar to the UK.

I prefer Singapore. Better end to end service than the others. I much prefer the food on Singapore than the others. I think it's a combination of liking Asian food but also that it seems to suit being served in a takeaway tub :)

If its important to you, if you are in Singapore for more than 2hrs you can generally get duty free (alcohol) cheaper than Aus. The wife particularly likes her gin and like the air hostesses so its a win win :shhh: :lol:
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

There you go. It seems Singapore airlines still has a good reputation.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Steve_R wrote:There you go. It seems Singapore airlines still has a good reputation.

It does doesn’t it Steve.

Thanks to all for your help, it’s pushing me even further towards Singapore and as yet I haven’t heard anything to the contrary. I have a moderate lower back problem and a knee that needs reconstruction, which locks up after an hour of being cramped up. It was tempting to look at Premium Economy seats but at twice the price of economy plus $600, I think I will have to manage with economy class seats.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Reeling wrote:I've flown Emirates, Singapore and most recently Qatar to the UK.

I prefer Singapore. Better end to end service than the others. I much prefer the food on Singapore than the others. I think it's a combination of liking Asian food but also that it seems to suit being served in a takeaway tub :)

If its important to you, if you are in Singapore for more than 2hrs you can generally get duty free (alcohol) cheaper than Aus. The wife particularly likes her gin and like the air hostesses so its a win win :shhh: :lol:
Your experience is very helpful thanks.

As it happens I don’t like Asian food.....I LOVE Asian food, so there’s that and looking at their current menu I have difficulty deciding what I’d have as there’s so much choice. I don’t care what it comes in to be honest.

A for the grog, no interest to me but Gael might want to buy some brandy...I don’t know?

We’re going to stop over in Singapore for 24 hours to have a quick squiz before the second leg.

Thanks for your information.
*Gab*
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Pro Fisha 475

Post by *Gab* »

Digger wrote:
Steve_R wrote:There you go. It seems Singapore airlines still has a good reputation.

It does doesn’t it Steve.

Thanks to all for your help, it’s pushing me even further towards Singapore and as yet I haven’t heard anything to the contrary. I have a moderate lower back problem and a knee that needs reconstruction, which locks up after an hour of being cramped up. It was tempting to look at Premium Economy seats but at twice the price of economy plus $600, I think I will have to manage with economy class seats.
I find Singapore's seats way more comfortable and spacious then any other i've flown with. And as per other comments, the service is way better. :thumbsup:
I love not man the less, but nature more..
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Who doesn't love asian food? I think i was born asian :lol:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

$600 for a little less discomfort does seem a bit steep.

You know this but for the benefit of others, my son suffered a bout of economy class syndrome (DVT) on a trip to SE Asia in his early 20s. I witnessed a couple of people die from it (saw them fall and fail attempts to resuscitate). So, before you go search the web for 'economy class syndrome', paying attention to recommendations to avoid it. Restrict search results to something recent so recommendations are up-to-date. If possible favour .gov and .edu site results over .com (for reasons I am sure most know).

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/