Easter Art Show!

Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Easter Art Show!

Post by Digger »

If any of you are heading East this weekend and in in our area there is plenty happening! I you or your ladies are interested in art we have a fantastic show from great artists from all over Australia, in fact this is the biggest show held in this region. My darling wife is running it.
Thanks Butch, Bell seems to be coming good and I haven't felt that I needed to take her to the vet, like I thought I would.

We had a BIG day yesterday and another big one coming up today.

Yesterday we turned a bloody big void into an art show. Almost 400 paintings, the biggest ever for this region. It opens tonight. A fantastic team of volunteers worked their bums of including me, and we were dead tired by the end of the day. Poor Gael had to stay there until the final entry came in and didn't get home until 6.30 pm making it a long day...she could hardly even talk. I cooked tea to give her a break and we were in bed early last night.

I took a few photos of some of the paintings once they were hung to show you but phone photos are not good for this purpose. I will say that we have a very high level of work entered this time.

The lovely artist Rhonda Gray is our feature artist and she is doing some very unusual and highly successful work these days.ImageImage

Work by other artists.
ImageImageImageImage[/URL[URL=http://s297.photobucket.com/user/Gumfarm/media/IMG_1393_zpsf4d5aagv.jpg.html]Image

As art society president Gael is being interviewed and taped by the local TV news station for tonights news promoting the show to all those down here for the Easter weekend. Straight after that she has to accompany the judge to tell him something about the artists while he is making his rounds to award the prizes. The opening is tonight, public from tomorrow.

Then tonight she has to make a series of speeches, so it's a big day for my darling, and evening too. Me, I have to have a haircut...Grin~

The show is on all of Easter weekend at St Mary's church hall Bairnsdale, the big church in the main street near the water tower.

Love to see you there!
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: Easter Art Show!

Post by chrisw »

Some impressive paintings there!
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

It's good the hear it is going well.

That last painting is great but I can't make out the signature :evilgrin:

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Steve_R wrote:It's good the hear it is going well.

That last painting is great but I can't make out the signature :evilgrin:

Chuckle...you know what it is.

There are some fantastic artworks this exhibition and some coming from Kakadu, Queensland and of course many from Melbourne. This is the third biannual show we've held and I think credibility in the artists eyes rises each time there is a highly successful event, and we attract better art each time.

It's called Glorious Gippsland Bairnsdale Art Show, though art from all categories and disciplines is involved, not just about East Gippsland.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

The judge who is an eminent artist has been commenting about the very high standard of work in this exhibition, which is nice to hear.

We have the opening tonight so I'd better slap myself around the chops and look enthusiastic. Its been a busy couple of days!

This is how it looked all set up ready for the opening.