Music Vids I Like

Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Music Vids I Like

Post by Digger »

Well things are changing!

Most of my life I've been of the opinion that there was NO music after the 70's (Yeah, Old Fart, I know).

Recently and since I've had pandora connected through my stereo I've had access to more music that I could ever imagine and that has led me on a voyage of discovery.

Until yesterday I had never heard of Grace Potter (Nocturnals) and hadn't listened much to Gov't Mule either but now I am a convert! This lady has talent and a lot more I think you will agree. Warren Haynes (Allman Bros) aint no slouch either.
http://youtu.be/A13tUxH09SI

I don't remember how i discovered Beth Hart but I'm glad i did! In this track teamed with Joe Bonamassa the power and emotion stirs me up! An old Etta James track "I'd rather be a blind girl" goes taken to a higher level IMO. Bonamassa I have listened to before and found him a bit robotic but this track with him on a Tele instead of his usual LP, his timing is terrific and I hold a different level of respect for his capabilities now. Sorry about the guitar talk but I know there are a few "players" on the forum.

Here's Beth & Joe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gBff_8pJoQ
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Re: Music Vids I Like

Post by Rhino »

I Like Digger. :up:

I'm a huge fan of Gov't Mule. My Hungarian next door neighbour introduced me to them some years ago after giving me some of their live concerts on DVD. I had some of their songs on the yak fishing vid song list but didn't quite get there. Not yet anyway. Never heard of Grace Potter. I liked her. Awkward mover, but she can sing her face off. :D

I'm a fan of Bonamassa too, as is my wife. Sometimes less is more though, and I think his solos can go on a bit long on occasion.
Wow - Beth Hart. Thanks for introducing me to her. I'll look her up. Great voice and as sexy as........ I know she was sweating up a bit (which I found a bit of a turn on :P ) but it also looked cold in there, if you get my drift.

On your subject of "music vids I like?", well there are many. I don't know if you've seen it or not, but one I regularly watch I've linked to below.

It was from 2012 at the Kennedy Centre Honors for Led Zeppelin. Ann and Nancy Wilson up front with Jason Bonham on drums, who is the son of deceased original drummer John Bonham.
The song, Stairway to Heaven", just keeps building and to me is an emotional journey on many levels. Ann Wilsons vocal are fantastic and the choir create even more feeling in the room which adds to the emotions clearly visible from Jason Bonham and Led Zeppelin themselves, in particular Robert Plant. I don't mind admitting I get a bit of a lump in the throat and a tear in the eye when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

I love listening to Dan Sultan and here he is covering a classic.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/ ... rple-rain/

Never heard of Beth Hart before. Nice work Digger
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Thanks Fellas, I'll listen to the links in the morning when I don't have a wife asleep thanks. Get back to you.
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Beth hart is good. I listened to Grace Potter last night but switched to Stevie Nicks after to compare. That led to track surfing. Where did the time go! Eventually I ended up listening to 2Cellos. They have a massive following these days but in case you never heard of them there's a couple of AC DC covers below but they do a host of other music if you search youtube.
The following are ACDC covers but they cover a lot of other music on youtube. It takes them a little over a minute to warm up in the first one. Don't bail out early.

Edit: full screen. Turn up the volume.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Thanks for the "Stairway"clip Darren, I enjoyed it very much. It's one of those songs that raises the hairs on the back of your neck if you are a long term Led Zepp fan like I am. Always liked "Heart", those Wilson sisters rock.
The boys were really getting into it near the end weren't they? The more I watch Warren Haynes (a lot in the last few days), the more I like him.

Beth Hart comes across as slightly sleazy in her clips but jeez she can sing! Not keen on the tatts much but you have to respect that voice, great timing too.

You reckon Garce Potter's movements were awkward.....all I was thinking was how hot she looked....Chuckle~

I've recently discovered "Pandora" free streaming music and using a bluetooth adaptor I run it through my stereo. I now have access to sooooo much music that it's really broadening my horizons as I can't afford to buy much music these days. It's been a huge thing to me lately as I love having music going in the house, all the time if I can get away with it.

I even play Pandora on my phone while out fishing in the boat, and it might amuse you to visualise me up on the casting deck grooving around the lakes here~

When I have music playing I feel good!

Thanks for your post.

On your subject of "music vids I like?", well there are many. I don't know if you've seen it or not, but one I regularly watch I've linked to below.
Rhino wrote:I Like Digger. :up:

I'm a huge fan of Gov't Mule. My Hungarian next door neighbour introduced me to them some years ago after giving me some of their live concerts on DVD. I had some of their songs on the yak fishing vid song list but didn't quite get there. Not yet anyway. Never heard of Grace Potter. I liked her. Awkward mover, but she can sing her face off. :D

I'm a fan of Bonamassa too, as is my wife. Sometimes less is more though, and I think his solos can go on a bit long on occasion.
Wow - Beth Hart. Thanks for introducing me to her. I'll look her up. Great voice and as sexy as........ I know she was sweating up a bit (which I found a bit of a turn on :P ) but it also looked cold in there, if you get my drift.

It was from 2012 at the Kennedy Centre Honors for Led Zeppelin. Ann and Nancy Wilson up front with Jason Bonham on drums, who is the son of deceased original drummer John Bonham.
The song, Stairway to Heaven", just keeps building and to me is an emotional journey on many levels. Ann Wilsons vocal are fantastic and the choir create even more feeling in the room which adds to the emotions clearly visible from Jason Bonham and Led Zeppelin themselves, in particular Robert Plant. I don't mind admitting I get a bit of a lump in the throat and a tear in the eye when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Galey wrote:I love listening to Dan Sultan and here he is covering a classic.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/ ... rple-rain/

Never heard of Beth Hart before. Nice work Digger
Never heard of dan Sultan before but he's got a great voice that reminds me of Diesel a bit. Good track and thanks for contributing to my musical education.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Nice bit of cello ACADACA there Steve and amusing too thanks. I love cello!
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Here's a link to an albumn I've got featuring Chris Wilson & Johhny Diesel called "Short Cool Ones". Now it's not video but includes the whole albumn and is worth a listen.

I can't stand the rain, My babe are great, plenty of good stuff there if you care to settle in for a listen. It is a bit Bluesy but that's my taste anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA9FC5C8C987B2A1C
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Here's the man that influence Jimi in his direction and who was a better guitarist IMO.

Buddy Guy

Careful, Blues content!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5xA6ty0a4