STOLEN hobie revo

Completely off topic!
tester2011
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie A.I. - at last!

Re: STOLEN hobie revo

Post by tester2011 »

Mods, how about moving this thread to "The Ride Home", so it'll be visible to non-member as well? Just a thought...

Hey Marblah - you could also post it on theyakshed.com - that has very good coverage...

Fred.
stevebrown
Apprentice
kayak: Barracuda

Post by stevebrown »

I saw one of the on a car on Nicholson St. Fitzroy tonight... Probably not the one you're missing, but it looked the same.... Parked between Bell & Moor St, near Mon Ami Restaurant. Apologies in advance if it's not the one, but it's not often we see any Hobie on a roof rack near central Melbourne...
Marblah
Apprentice
kayak: adventure, outback and perception minnow

Post by Marblah »

Thanks Fred and Steve will get down to Fitzroy and see if still around now, worth a squizz
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

stevebrown wrote:I saw one of the on a car on Nicholson St. Fitzroy tonight... Probably not the one you're missing, but it looked the same.... Parked between Bell & Moor St, near Mon Ami Restaurant. Apologies in advance if it's not the one, but it's not often we see any Hobie on a roof rack near central Melbourne...
Steve, You mean the one on top of an old subaru wagon (or similar) on the left heading into the city. That one virtually lives in that spot and has been there for several weeks at least. I also thought it was an outfitter but could be wrong.
0408 565 763
Marblah
Apprentice

Post by Marblah »

shane wrote:
stevebrown wrote:I saw one of the on a car on Nicholson St. Fitzroy tonight... Probably not the one you're missing, but it looked the same.... Parked between Bell & Moor St, near Mon Ami Restaurant. Apologies in advance if it's not the one, but it's not often we see any Hobie on a roof rack near central Melbourne...
Steve, You mean the one on top of an old subaru wagon (or similar) on the left heading into the city. That one virtually lives in that spot and has been there for several weeks at least. I also thought it was an outfitter but could be wrong.
I checked it out this morning, yes is an outfitter, but thanks for the heads up anyway, worth a look just in case
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

I'm replicating (with minor edits) a post that Mingle put up on the Yakshed - with his permission.
(He's changed email and forgotten his password- I've forwarded him Hatters email).

mingle wrote:Hi guys,

Just noticed some ars*hole has recently (a few days ago) stolen a Hobie Revolution.

It's actually my ex-Revo, which I sold in 2012 - it's the lady I sold it to who's the unfortunate victim
in this case, so I thought I'd post some details, so others can also keep
their eyes open.

It's a 2009 model in Ivory Dune. The serial number is: CCMT7960J809

I know there are probably hundreds of similar ones out there, but mine
had a few mods made to it, which I've shown in the following photos.

It was just the hull that was nicked, so the sh*tbags never got the sail, outriggers, mirage drive
or any of the other bits.

If anyone has any info, or see this boat, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mike.

0408 565 763
RayS
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by RayS »

This is becoming an epidemic. Like most of you I'm on a bunch of yak fishing FB pages too and this is seriously becoming a major issue. The same for a lot of the boat owner pages I'm on. Thinking it's time VicPol, NSWPS and QldPS formed some sort of joint task force to work on the stolen yak and boat problem.

And I did see this report on one of those FB pages and it's been shared around 3199.

Hope ya auntie gets it back bloke.
cheers Ray
0422 63 64 65
"It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
cobby
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie i9s

Post by cobby »

RayS wrote:This is becoming an epidemic. Like most of you I'm on a bunch of yak fishing FB pages too and this is seriously becoming a major issue. The same for a lot of the boat owner pages I'm on. Thinking it's time VicPol, NSWPS and QldPS formed some sort of joint task force to work on the stolen yak and boat problem.

And I did see this report on one of those FB pages and it's been shared around 3199.

Hope ya auntie gets it back bloke.
Vicpol aren't all that interested. That's the impression I got reporting some suspect boats
Marblah
Apprentice

Post by Marblah »

Shane and Mike,
Thanks a lot for adding the extra pics and description, no news yet but thanks to everyone for spreading the word, the yak community is fantastic (excluding the theiving bastards that deserve a thousand toadies on every bait, a wind knot for every plastic deployed, to be used as a marker buoy by jet skis circut racing as soon as the whiting turn on, and to be mobbed by the boat brigade as soon as arches show on the sounder).
Cheers,
Marcus
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Hi guys,

Well, I was trying to keep this a little bit 'under the radar' until the authorities investigate, but seeing as how nothing appears to be happening I thought I'd throw it out there to get some suggestions and to potentially warn anyone who may be thinking of buying a Hobie Revo secondhand.

Last week I happened to find this on Gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brighto ... 1182641004

The very same stolen Revo in this thread. 110% sure it's the same one, as it used to be mine and all of the mods shown in the photos were done by yours truly... Plus it appears to be missing all the bits that the thieves originally missed-out on...

Unfortunately I am unable to contact Marcus (whose aunt it was stolen from on Dec 2014) - hence my other recent post.

I'm tempted to phone the bloke and tell him this is a stolen kayak, but I don't want to spook them and have the ad disappear.

I filed a crime-stoppers report lats week, but have heard nothing and without details of the victim, it's hard to prove it's stolen.

Anyone want to get a mob together, with burning torches and pitchforks and head down to Brighton?

It'd be a real pity to let the b*stards get away with it, since it's rare to ever track down a stolen yak.

If anyone has any better suggestions, please feel free to comment...

Cheers,

Mike.