Wot Pisses Me Orf!

Completely off topic!
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Re: Wot Pisses Me Orf!

Post by Hvalross »

4liters wrote:
Digger wrote: I do think we need a return of conscription though to try and get young people on the right path and to have a bit of self respect.
or i dunno, the government could fix the economy so there's actually jobs for young people and they have something productive to do with their time instead of fucking around and taking ice
X2
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

4liters wrote:
Digger wrote: I do think we need a return of conscription though to try and get young people on the right path and to have a bit of self respect.
or i dunno, the government could fix the economy so there's actually jobs for young people and they have something productive to do with their time instead of fucking around and taking ice

Thats a persons choice to take that S#!^ and there is jobs, its just many of us have just given up on young people working. Damn mobile phones and headphones. Like turning up 30 seconds before you start and leaving 30 seconds after knock off. They don't know how to be part of a team.

Being at work 10 mins before start to get ready and have your coffee with the other start is part of being part of the team.
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Team? Early?
I allow for travel on the Sth Gippy hwy and the Monash and generally get in 30 minutes early, rarely knock off on time.
I have had some rock in one hour late and think it's OK, some just don't turn up because they have a 'migraine' (read hangover), no phone call and it isn't just the young ones.
Rocked in 15 minutes late one day and the same ones gave me a hard time, it was the only time in 7 years and it was because I stopped at a road accident to assist before the ambo's arrived, and I called to say I would be a bit late.
Conversely daughter is a nurse and works part time for a Dr and part time in an aged care facility and cannot find a full time position, she is said to not have had enough experience yet and is still trying to get a hospital position, none that she trained with have work in hospitals for the same reason.
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Wind Waker wrote:
4liters wrote:

Thats a persons choice to take that S#!^ and there is jobs, its just many of us have just given up on young people working. Damn mobile phones and headphones. Like turning up 30 seconds before you start and leaving 30 seconds after knock off. They don't know how to be part of a team.

Being at work 10 mins before start to get ready and have your coffee with the other start is part of being part of the team.
outside of the major cities the unemployment rate is through the roof. There simply aren't the jobs for people, it isn't a case of the stereotypical lazy young millennial who refuse to work unless there is a buffet with smashed avocado however much the herald sun would like to insinuate

ABS data shows that there are 5 job seekers for every job vacancy (or 20 people per vacancy if you include underemployed people not getting enough hours from their casual/part time job) so it's hardly a problem with the attitudes of young people toward work
http://insidestory.org.au/australia-tod ... 0-new-jobs
https://www.theguardian.com/business/gr ... gh-as-ever
http://unemployedworkersunion.com/job-s ... ancy-data/

but you know, why worry about real world information when you can just parrot unverifiable talking points about dole bludgers, the youth of today and their deplorable lack of work ethic
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

It is a polarilized demonizing society, there are only "battlers" and "bludgers" in this world. Current Affairs says so, so it must be true. Living it up on Newstart. Living on F^*K all is the dream and envy of everyone right?

No wonder mental illness and depression in society is soaring
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish

Post by Wind Waker »

My real world information is from getting sick of hiring and firing them. I'll take team of 40+ guys over a team of 20 year olds any day. Atleast they turn up, work and ring when sick (sms doesn't count and is just plain rude)

These days I prefer to knock work back then grow larger and deal with the hassle of finding more decent staff

Oh and if the unemployed workers union said it then it must be true. What a complete crock of S#!^.
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Wind Waker wrote:
Oh and if the unemployed workers union said it then it must be true. What a complete crock of S#!^.
they're using ABS data so it more than likely is
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish

Post by Wind Waker »

4liters wrote: they're using ABS data so it more than likely is
More then likely full of crap. Agreed. :thumbsup:

Your generation is struggling for jobs due to laziness from the guys that came before you and the general populations desireto buy cheap junk from overseas as no one wants to do the jobs here for the pay and conditions that would make the businesses competitive.

Won't bother me as I am in a service industry which can't be bypassed for the foreseeable future but coming out of uni, crappy rep from the gen before you (and yours) and this constant bs about promotions will make it hard for your gen to succeed where others have.
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

4liters wrote:
Wind Waker wrote:
they're using ABS data so it more than likely is
Unfortunately what the ABS doesn't take into account (or does and wont show) is the jobs that would be on offer if the employers had confidence in the system.
Brute
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie

Post by Brute »

To many acronyms in this world . ABS , anti lock braking system . WTF .