Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by chrisw »

peatop wrote:I do have a question regarding lights, l was looking at one of the ledlight sites and they have a 600mm to 1m long light bar flat on one side l was thinking about using one to make a light to hang over the side at night to attract squid and alike, any ideas?
I've played with lighting a bit. For external lights I had strips of waterproof LED's stuck to the sides and they do a really good job of lighting up the water and attracting critters (though I haven't done any serious fishing with them yet). I'm not sure what sites you've looked at or what prices you've seen but the DIY LED strips I used were quite cheap; something like $15 for 5m. Here's a thread with a photo of the lights in action.

I also found that aluminium IP67 floodlights take a dunking well and are useful both in and out of the water.
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by mazman »

Getting some stuff together for a few summer trips I have in mind
DSC_0846 web.jpg
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

mazman wrote:Getting some stuff together for a few summer trips I have in mind

Now there is some serious gear for 'not sitting on the bank dangling a worm or two'!!!
Best of luck to you, looking forward to the reports. :up:
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

mazman wrote:Getting some stuff together for a few summer trips I have in mind
DSC_0846 web.jpg

It's not christmas already is it ;)
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

stopped off via Hooked on Bait and Tackle again to see if the Shimano rep has replaced my catana tip after a nightmare trip out at altona 3wks ago. alas, Mick wasnt happy that he's still waiting for the guy.

Anyways I took the opportunity to pick up a cheap setup for some light WP action with an Evercatch Aggressor matched with a Shimano Alivio 6000. I went with Mick's advice, looking for a low cost option which he provided (and he further "sorted me out") Spooled with 20lb mono.

I also took the opportunity to peruse the HB's, walking away with a couple of Sebile Koolie Minnow' LL and a Rapala Scatter rap Tail Dancer. Again and again I'm so pleased with Mick's friendliness and he always knocks a bit off when I go, that I'm happy to continually return....until he doesn't have something specific I want :)

Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

chunk9000
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Pro Fisha 525

Post by chunk9000 »

They look good Nath. Willy reef is going to enjoy eating those :lol: and a big thumbs up for Mick. :thumbsup:
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

chunk9000 wrote:They look good Nath. Willy reef is going to enjoy eating those :lol: and a big thumbs up for Mick. :thumbsup:
haha lets hope not...at least not until I get my money's worth out of them. Hope work isnt too painful mate

Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

vise.jpg
Dyna-King Barracuda Deluxe. Fair to say it's a step up from my current situation.
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

Galey wrote: Dyna-King Barracuda Deluxe. Fair to say it's a step up from my current situation.

Whooohh! Bazinga Big Time!
Now that is a good bit of 'stuff'.
Beats my aligator clips and ViceGrip option.
Well done.
I am anticipating some great results from the products from this extravagance. :up:
Best of luck in your endeavors Linton. :D
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

erik the viking wrote:
Galey wrote: Dyna-King Barracuda Deluxe. Fair to say it's a step up from my current situation.

Whooohh! Bazinga Big Time!
Now that is a good bit of 'stuff'.
Beats my aligator clips and ViceGrip option.
Well done.
I am anticipating some great results from the products from this extravagance. :up:
Best of luck in your endeavors Linton. :D

I've been tying with a set of multi-grips welded to a G-clamp for a while and that has actually done the job quite well for some cod flies.