Hi from Werribee

New? Say G'Day here!
Dublediff
kayak: Hobie PA14

Hi from Werribee

Post by Dublediff »

G'day yakkers. I am new to the world of real yaks. I had an inflatable for some time but decided that hooks and air bags don't mix. I now have a PA14. Went straight to the big guns on recommendation of a good friend who had been using the same for a couple of years. Sorted it all out with the rear milk crate box for my tackle and bucket for all of the fish, anchor, extra rod holders etc. Fitted a 12v gauge and extra usb and cig points to charge the phone, etc etc. New fish finder. Ready to go. Oh oh, these things are heavy aren't they? :oops: Well it is for me getting it onto the roof of my landcruiser. As a result I don't use it as much as I should and will probably look at an outback or maybe even the new compass. It is a shame because my PAA is so stable I can stand and cast all day and practically have boat party on the deck there is so much room. I mentioned the weight to my 'good friend' and he said he didn't take his out anymore because it was too heavy, doh! I suppose it comes with age, we both have our seniors cards, :P . Anyway, love the forum and the tips, keep them coming and tight lines. Here is my rig. I bought the trailer to make it easier to transport the yak, but now my car has to stay out in the rain, :roll:
Attachments
hobie PA14 (1 of 19).jpg
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Re: Hi from Werribee

Post by Galey »

G’day Eric, welcome to the forum mate. Look forward to reading some reports on your adventures.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Welcome Eric, enjoy you stay, the guys here are very helpful and knowledgeable ;) there are also a lot of them that fish around your area. The main thing is stay safe while having fun so please take the time to read the safety sections.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
time2fish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2018 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Post by time2fish »

hi .. i have the same dilemma lol got sick of roof topping and purchased a trailer now room for my car lucky its a crappy car. worth the sacrifice lol
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

G'day Eric, I'm in Werribee South so may run into you one day, also have a PA14.

PS if you use the council parking area at the ramp here you may want to take advantage of the discounted annual permit available to residents if you haven't done so already.
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

Welcome Eric, I used to car top my old yak on my cruiser but there’s no chance I’ll get my pa up there either. So I baught a trailer with the yak, it’s great for rigging the yak in the shed as it’s a friendly height. I tend to fish low key areas where a trailer can fit, so I love the convenience. Enjoy your stay I might see you on the water sometime :up:
bennymac
Apprentice
kayak: PA14

Post by bennymac »

Welcome Eric. Your yak looks good.

I'm new here too. Good people here.
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Welcome Eric,
I trailer around my outback after finding it was getting harder to roof top. I am approaching seniors card eligibility.
I am from the east but we might catch up one day on the water.
Welcome to Vyak.