I need more kayak mates!

New? Say G'Day here!
Thex74
kayak: Hobie outback

I need more kayak mates!

Post by Thex74 »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site, joined to make a few mates to go it with. I've done abit of fresh water kayak fishing but my heart is in saltwater so decided to upgrade to something more stable. I have been out Grantville in the shallows, warneet down the inlet along quail bank, Mornington and in tooradin inlet every time bymyself and would like some company. I'm 27 work night shift full time ( but will pull sickys for fishin) and live in Pakenham so can be at Lang lang, Grantville ect at the drop of a hat. Love fishing that's all I do on my time off hopefully I can find a few people who go out around the area I can learn abit off.And basically if your heading out for a long session and want a friend pm me I'm willing to drive and met at the ramp kind thing. :thumbsup:
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Re: I need more kayak mates!

Post by Steve_R »

Welcome to the forum, Paul.
I'm an interloper from NSW and mostly enjoy solo fishing (easier to leave cares behind and enjoy the environment). However, a lot of people prefer being out with others and it is a far safer option. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone to fish with if you either keep your eye on the 'Fishing Trips' section of the forum: http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=22 or post a plan there yourself.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Welcome Paul, There's a lot of us that fish those areas regularly. As the weather warms up there'll be more people posting up trips and you can even do this yourself and encourage others to come along. Doing this it shouldn't take too long to build up a bit of a network of people to fish with in addition to the more public trips posted on here.
0408 565 763
Thex74

Post by Thex74 »

Hey,
Thanks for the link. I'm still working the site out but that's exactly what I was after. I do like fishing alone landbased that's all I do really but would like some company while I learn new areas on the yak. I'll keep an eye out for future trips. cheers guys
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by vicyak »

Nothing beats being out on the water rather than being land based. I like land based purely for the very quick sessions. Just too busy on the Jetties.

Being out on the water on sunset and staying out till late on a nice still night. I love doing this at Port Melbourne/St. Kilda on a light SW wind. just a few hundred meters off the beach. You can see the city right in front of you and truly is magic. Even if there isn't fish. Just sit there and reflect how good fishing alone especially at night is.

That being said I do enjoy fishing with others as well and if you work as a group you can catch more fish. :evilgrin:
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

if you fish LL and Grantville then this sunday looks a goer to fish over the low for the morning. Alternatively over the high in the arvo. I'm sure someone would be up for that
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Post by outback paul »

Hi Paul, and welcome to this excellent forum. I fish fairly regularly in the area from LL to Corinella, especially as the weather warms up.
I'm considering a launch from JJ as soon as there's enough water this Sunday afternoon (about 1:15pm), then taking the incoming tide up the side of French Island looking for a gummy or two, with the chance of snapper in the channel on the return. a round trip of about 12 km, expecting to get back to JJ about 6:30 - 7:00pm (with lights). Anyone who's about is welcome to tag along.

PS. At this time of year you would be wise to wear appropriate clothing (thermals, wet/dry suit), as you don't want to go swimming in the wrong gear.
Steelhead
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie mirage outback

Post by Steelhead »

HI i might be interested what time you launching
Thex74

Post by Thex74 »

outback paul wrote:Hi Paul, and welcome to this excellent forum. I fish fairly regularly in the area from LL to Corinella, especially as the weather warms up.
I'm considering a launch from JJ as soon as there's enough water this Sunday afternoon (about 1:15pm), then taking the incoming tide up the side of French Island looking for a gummy or two, with the chance of snapper in the channel on the return. a round trip of about 12 km, expecting to get back to JJ about 6:30 - 7:00pm (with lights). Anyone who's about is welcome to tag along.

PS. At this time of year you would be wise to wear appropriate clothing (thermals, wet/dry suit), as you don't want to go swimming in the wrong gear.
Hi Paul, I'm in. I'll met you there around 12:30 -1. I was going to go to Mornington on Sunday for squid and snapper but am keen for abit of gummy fun. cheers I'll see you there. ( if you decide to go)
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Thex74 wrote: I was going to go to Mornington on Sunday for squid and snapper but am keen for a bit of gummy fun. cheers I'll see you there. ( if you decide to go)
welcome to Vyak paul as others have posted from now on there are plenty of guys fishing all over both bays and the Lang Lang - Jam Jerrup area get a fair amount of kayak traffic
I like plenty of others fish quite a bit from Lang Lang to San Remo and there is some great fishing right down the south east side of WP

something to keep in mind the LL area is also a good area to pick up a snapper as well as a gummy over the comming weeks

Winchbitch and myself plan to launch at LL Sunday morning but have to be on the water by 7 am to catch the tide
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657