G'day from Melbourne.....

New? Say G'Day here!
pulsarlx07
Apprentice
kayak: elcheapo

G'day from Melbourne.....

Post by pulsarlx07 »

G'day guys,

New to the whole kayak fishing scene. Just thought if drop a quick hello to all the members on this forum.

oh also Im in the market for a yak, any advice i can get ill take on board with open arms.

Cheers,

brennen.. :yahoo: :yahoo:
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: G'day from Melbourne.....

Post by chrisw »

pulsarlx07 wrote:G'day guys,
New to the whole kayak fishing scene. Just thought if drop a quick hello to all the members on this forum.

oh also Im in the market for a yak, any advice i can get ill take on board with open arms.
Welcome mate. Sympathise with you missing out on the PA12 and trailer. I only just got a kayak myself (PA14) so aren't going to be much of a source of advice other than during my pre-purchase research I found that what Yako said in the other thread is pretty much spot on: you're better off with a PA14 than a 12, particularly if you're intending to fish the bay.
pulsarlx07
Apprentice
kayak: elcheapo

Post by pulsarlx07 »

chrisw wrote:
pulsarlx07 wrote:G'day guys,

Welcome mate. Sympathise with you missing out on the PA12 and trailer. I only just got a kayak myself (PA14) so aren't going to be much of a source of advice other than during my pre-purchase research I found that what Yako said in the other thread is pretty much spot on: you're better off with a PA14 than a 12, particularly if you're intending to fish the bay.

cheers mate, i guess it was a blessing. Been doing a bit more research and your right a 14 would be alot better. Ill just be patient and see what comes up for sale. Fingers crossed ill get one soonish.. let me know how you go out on the bay...
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Welcome to the forum Brennan,
Sorry to hear about the hassles you had with the 2nd hand PA12 you missed out on.
I had a similar experience and drove down the peninsula via Morningtom one morning to collect something for my son only to get no reply when trying to contact the seller to confirm his address.
Fortunately for me I was travelling that way anyway so it didn't waste too much of my time, but my son ended up paying more & buying the product from someone else.

Make the most of the try before you buy sessions offered by the shops to help you decide which yak is right for you.
Keep checking out the classifieds section here on VYak as members often upgrade and sell their old yaks for a reasonable price.
As you saw with the PA12 we also like to tell each other about & share good deals.

If you are new to kayaking as well as kayak fishing consider an introductory course.
(East coast kayak or Seasherpa (No affiliations)
Also read up on the safety section.

Good luck in the search for your yak.