New to kayak fishing

New? Say G'Day here!
Grasshopper07
Apprentice
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 12

New to kayak fishing

Post by Grasshopper07 »

Hi fellow Yakkers, I am totally new to this sport and recently purchased a Terminator 12 from C-kayak. Probably not the best choice but I have a limited budget. I am hoping to be able to get out somewhere in WPB in the near future to target some whiting. As I am new to this I would like to go with someone experienced. I live in Hoddles Creek in the Yarra Ranges. Anyone close who can help me out? Cheers, Grasshopper 07.
winchbitch
Lord of the fish
kayak: wavedancer kingfisher

Re: New to kayak fishing

Post by winchbitch »

Welcome Andrew,as usual I am recommending that you read the posts in the safty section and that you have the safty gear that is required.As for whiting fishing in W/Port Coronet Bay or Reef Island are probably the better choices for a newby as they have very little tide flow and do hold a few Whiting as well as all the usual W/P species, there is also usually other kayakers around most of the time. When you wont to go out just post in the trip section.Coronet Bay is also a good place to practice getting back on your kayak when (not if)you take an unplaned swim.
Grasshopper07
Apprentice
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 12

Re: New to kayak fishing

Post by Grasshopper07 »

Thanks Mal, will do as advised. I have a large dam at home where I will practice remounting Yak. Still need to purchase a few safety items. Cheers.