Just a quick hello

New? Say G'Day here!
Trubritbiker
kayak: 2.95 Jetocean sit on

Just a quick hello

Post by Trubritbiker »

Hi, I bought myself an Ebay special Kayak at Christmas and loved it on my first trip out (Aura Vale). My only problem is I am a novice and still a bit unsure of my limits as yet and I don't know of anyone else with a Kayak. I live in Hallam and really want to get out on the bay but I would rather go out with someone else just in case I get into trouble, anyone got some patience for a newcomer wanting to learn? :thumbsup:
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Re: Just a quick hello

Post by Galey »

G'day mate and welcome to Vyak. Take your time getting to know your capabilities and those of your yak. Keep an eye out on the trips section and I'm sure you will find something that suits. A helpful crew here. :thumbsup:
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

G'day John & Welcome.
What gear do you have to go fishing in the bays & what kayak did you buy (length, brand etc).
Cheers
John 3.16/17
Trubritbiker

Post by Trubritbiker »

This is my water transport, I'm pretty well set up with lightweight gear. I'm not totally new to kayaking, it's just been a good few years since I last played out on the water.

Jetocean 2.95M Single Seater Sit-on Fishing Kayak with Paddle and Seat
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Just be awre that such a short kayak has limit capabilities on open water if it blows up
Trubritbiker

Post by Trubritbiker »

Fair enough, I'm not really interested in going out into deep water. I just fancy paddling out a bit further than I can cast a line. I have a property down at Golden beach so I plan on going out on some of the lakes in due course.