Fuse vs circuit breaker

Show off your DIY project!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Re: Fuse vs circuit breaker

Post by bunyip »

It doesn't as far as I am aware but it would be easy to fold and glue, slide in the breaker then glue the ends shut.
Digressing slightly, when we XC ski-id/skied(?) we would put a box of matches in a condom to stop them getting wet, they were quite durable and despite having wet contents in a back pack we always had dry matches, carried a few spares so we could re pack them, maybe you could work something with them as a heatshrink tube would slide easily over the open end if twisted onto the wire, even the Vatican may approve!!!
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

bunyip wrote: box of matches in a condom to stop them getting wet, they were quite durable and despite having wet contents in a back pack we always had dry matches, carried a few spares so we could re pack them, maybe you could work something with them as a heatshrink tube would slide easily over the open end if twisted onto the wire, even the Vatican may approve!!!
Five bucks says this thread is about to take a whole new direction
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

Galey wrote:
bunyip wrote: box of matches in a condom to stop them getting wet, they were quite durable and despite having wet contents in a back pack we always had dry matches, carried a few spares so we could re pack them, maybe you could work something with them as a heatshrink tube would slide easily over the open end if twisted onto the wire, even the Vatican may approve!!!
Five bucks says this thread is about to take a whole new direction
:lol: :lol: :lol: :evilgrin: you could put on more than 5 bucks :D .
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

I ended up getting the circuit breaker from Jaycar, I'll solder it in in place of the fuse holder thing as soon as I sort myself out with a bit of neoprene to turn into a pouch.
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

4liters wrote:I ended up getting the circuit breaker from Jaycar, I'll solder it in in place of the fuse holder thing as soon as I sort myself out with a bit of neoprene to turn into a pouch.
Show us the pics Ian, will be interesting to see the outcome too :up:
John 3.16/17
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

No worries, brace yourselves for some pretty shoddy workmanship though as this is the first time I've done anything wiring related and I have NFI what I'm doing
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by mazman »

4liters wrote:No worries, brace yourselves for some pretty shoddy workmanship though as this is the first time I've done anything wiring related and I have NFI what I'm doing
As long as the bait-board isn't hot you're all good ;)
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing