Refurbish Lures

Show off your DIY project!
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Refurbish Lures

Post by Galey »

Ok the topic is lures but this particular post is about spinnerbaits. I'm a massive fan of black/gold combos for native fish and I showed immediate interest when Wokka had posted about the possibility of Munroe's plastics knocking out something in that colour scheme. I started with a lime green/white S/bait that had never won me over so I gave it a fresh do with some metallic gold nail polish followed by a couple of coats of clear (both from my own collection). A new skirt in similar tones and one of Munroes new black with gold flake paddletails as the cherry on top. It's come up a treat and fingers crossed I'll be fishing it Saturday afternoon. I'm sure there are some other ideas out there, so give us a look at them.
spinnerbait.jpg
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Re: Refurbish Lures

Post by erik the viking »

Galey wrote:Ok the topic is lures but this particular post is about spinnerbaits. I'm a massive fan of black/gold combos for native fish and I showed immediate interest when Wokka had posted about the possibility of Munroe's plastics knocking out something in that colour scheme. I started with a lime green/white S/bait that had never won me over so I gave it a fresh do with some metallic gold nail polish followed by a couple of coats of clear (both from my own collection). A new skirt in similar tones and one of Munroes new black with gold flake paddletails as the cherry on top. It's come up a treat and fingers crossed I'll be fishing it Saturday afternoon. I'm sure there are some other ideas out there, so give us a look at them.
spinnerbait.jpg
[/i]

What a coincidence Linton.
That was almost the exact colour scheme I had success on last week. :thumbsup:
I think the colour is called Houdini, in both head and skirt.
But I don't have any nail polish to rely on.
It was an off the shelf Mr. Bay mumbler stock colour.
And the T-tail was one of my similar black/gold metallics.
Some put the T-tail on upside down (when on a spinnerbait or mumbler/chatterbait), as it is supposed to give off more vibration (and I suppose it's mostly hidden so unseen)
But, if I was to buy some nail polish, it would only be to trick up some of my non favourite lures. :D
With the clearer water, more natural colours are supposed to be more effective.
But who would really know, they're fish after all............... :eh: