Help with blue battery block wiring

Show off your DIY project!
agelow
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Outback 2019

Help with blue battery block wiring

Post by agelow »

Hi guys,

I have a blue block battery and a Lowrance Elite. (Been searching forum but havent found a tutorial on exactly what wires I need)

Just wondering if anyone can link me to the exact parts I need from JayCar to connect it all up?

I am a complete noob and have never done electricals before. Hoping to get it done before Tuesday... BARRAMUNDI BALLOT!

Thanks in advance guys!!

Adrian
jb2020
The force is strong in this one
kayak: OK Trident

Re: Help with blue battery block wiring

Post by jb2020 »

I posted up my blue brick setup a while ago - pretty sure I got all the connectors from jaycar:

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20226
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

...bastard... lol
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

A simpler setup is to cut off the male plug and solder on a 2 pin waterproof comnector. Jayacer sell them they are black with green rubber seals. Put the male end on your battery and the female on your sounder power plug. You can use the waterproof case or a dry bag to keep the battery dry on the water.
0408 565 763
agelow
Apprentice

Post by agelow »

Wind Waker wrote:...bastard... lol
Haha yeh very lucky.
agelow
Apprentice

Post by agelow »

jb2020 wrote:I posted up my blue brick setup a while ago - pretty sure I got all the connectors from jaycar:

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20226
Thx mate!! Just what I need.

Any changes you would make to your design? How's it going now after so long.

I was worried that your initial connector to the box was exposed too much when it's not connected?
agelow
Apprentice

Post by agelow »

shane wrote:A simpler setup is to cut off the male plug and solder on a 2 pin waterproof comnector. Jayacer sell them they are black with green rubber seals. Put the male end on your battery and the female on your sounder power plug. You can use the waterproof case or a dry bag to keep the battery dry on the water.
Thx for advice Shane. I found these. https://www.jaycar.com.au/automotive-wa ... y/p/PP2110

How do I connect the blue battery to these connectors? Do u know what it looks like if I cut the male off??
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Those are the right connectors. When you cut the wire the4e will be a red and black internal wire. Thread a green sealer ring onto each wire first. Thwn strip the ends of each wire and crimp them into the rear of the female silver terminals. I also put some solder on them for a more secure connection. The sulver terminals slide into the male half of the plug and will click into place, locking them in position. Repeat for the female plug end on the sounder power cable and you will have a secure waterproof power connection.
0408 565 763
agelow
Apprentice

Post by agelow »

shane wrote:Those are the right connectors. When you cut the wire the4e will be a red and black internal wire. Thread a green sealer ring onto each wire first. Thwn strip the ends of each wire and crimp them into the rear of the female silver terminals. I also put some solder on them for a more secure connection. The sulver terminals slide into the male half of the plug and will click into place, locking them in position. Repeat for the female plug end on the sounder power cable and you will have a secure waterproof power connection.
Thank you for that explanation!! I actually understand!

Just wondering.. green sealer rings. Do those come WITH those waterproof connectors or do i buy them separately?
Anthony
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by Anthony »

agelow wrote:
shane wrote:Those are the right connectors. When you cut the wire the4e will be a red and black internal wire. Thread a green sealer ring onto each wire first. Thwn strip the ends of each wire and crimp them into the rear of the female silver terminals. I also put some solder on them for a more secure connection. The sulver terminals slide into the male half of the plug and will click into place, locking them in position. Repeat for the female plug end on the sounder power cable and you will have a secure waterproof power connection.
Thank you for that explanation!! I actually understand!

Just wondering.. green sealer rings. Do those come WITH those waterproof connectors or do i buy them separately?
They come with them, in the packet there will be the two plastic plugs and in a smaller bag there will be the green grommets and the metal terminals.