My new rechargeable light.

Show off your DIY project!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

My new rechargeable light.

Post by maverick »

Tested my new light tonight, integrated rechargeable batteries within the light pole, modified Berleypro head with an extra strip of leds down the front of the pole for cockpit lighting as required. 3 way switch allows (1) off, (2) the top light only or (3) the top light and the front light. The black box holds the on off switch and a port for the charging plug. Should get 20 hours burn time on 1 strip and 10 hours with both strips on. My version just clips to my esky, but V2 has a railblaza mount in the bottom. By clipping it to the esky it can rotate and be turned around on shore as an example, to use as a light to clean fish by. Or it can be removed completely from the kayak and just used as a normal light.
new light base.jpg
new light head.jpg
new light.jpg
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: My new rechargeable light.

Post by laneends »

That looks like a good set up, did you make that up?
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: My new rechargeable light.

Post by maverick »

It is almost identical to my current set up, which consists of a couple of Jaycar 180* lights, which we (Dad & I) split and made into a single 360* light. The new version has upgraded Li-ion batteries and far superior quality LED's. I like the power source being independent from the sounder battery and because it clips in place it can be easily removed for use elsewhere, like a camping light.

Dad did most the work on the wiring and box construction, he is great at that stuff.

Marto supplied the head unit which we had to modify.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.