New Stealth

Show off your kayak!
Jordo
Square eyes
kayak: AI

Re: New Stealth

Post by Jordo »

There tends to be a lot of talk about profishas being less stable than a fisha. While this is true, its not to say that profishas are unstable by any stretch of the imagination. I can use my PF575 as a SUP when I feel like showing off and have even cast standing up on it before. Of course it is not made for standing, but that is usually an effective way of demonstrating stability.
Time spent in the ocean is time spent living.
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Jordo wrote:There tends to be a lot of talk about profishas being less stable than a fisha. While this is true, its not to say that profishas are unstable by any stretch of the imagination. I can use my PF575 as a SUP when I feel like showing off and have even cast standing up on it before. Of course it is not made for standing, but that is usually an effective way of demonstrating stability.
Ye, I cant imagine that they would be unstable. My comment was with reference to Stealth's own description and star rating. Having said that there is only 1-star rating difference on their website.

I wondered whether Michael may have tested the two (fisha and profisha) and not noticed the difference.

p.s I remember you little video of standing up the weekend of NSC this yr :thumbsup:
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
bagpuss
Apprentice
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Post by bagpuss »

Just Picked up a C Tug for $85 :yahoo: from BCF Laverton in the closing down sale there are a few more on the shelf get in quick
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

bagpuss wrote:Just Picked up a C Tug for $85 :yahoo: from BCF Laverton in the closing down sale there are a few more on the shelf get in quick
You might want to save some pennies to buy some sand wheels to replace the plastic ones, for when you take us all down to bells for some fun ;) i think Eoin sells them, it shouldn't be to hard to make them fit, get the 300 ones, or buy some green machine wheels from k mart and glue a good layer of foam around them to increase the dia and make them flatten out on the bottom, directions to make them are in the DYI section, i got a set of sand wheels with my PA but im thinking the ones i made for my old yak might be better (bigger dia).
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

peatop wrote:
bagpuss wrote:Just Picked up a C Tug for $85 :yahoo: from BCF Laverton in the closing down sale there are a few more on the shelf get in quick
You might want to save some pennies to buy some sand wheels to replace the plastic ones, for when you take us all down to bells for some fun ;) i think Eoin sells them, it shouldn't be to hard to make them fit, get the 300 ones, or buy some green machine wheels from k mart and glue a good layer of foam around them to increase the dia and make them flatten out on the bottom, directions to make them are in the DYI section, i got a set of sand wheels with my PA but im thinking the ones i made for my old yak might be better (bigger dia).
or just move the trolley back along the kayak - stealths don't weight a lot so don't tend to sink the wheels as much as plastic boats - ie a PA weighs around 65 kg rigged + fishing gear and eskis -- a PF 475 weighs around 23 kg doesn't need an eski so has just fishing gear added
if you can put the trolley further back some more weight is being carried by the punter getting up or down the beach so there is very little weight on the wheels
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Good point cheater, i didnt realize glass was so light, although the PA is very heavy it's not the weight it's bad placement of the scupper holes, when i made the wheels for my old yak i found putting the wheels in the rear scuppers put weight forward so i changed to putting them in the ones under the seat these seamed to even out the weight better and it didn't feel like i was dragging a dead weight, the PA is very heavy to drag and carry as the wheels put all the weight to the front.

Athough the PF 475 only weighs 23kg when he puts 1 or 2 nice tuna in the storage it's going to be hard getting it back up the beach ;) although if he has 1 or 2 tuna in the storage i dont think the weight will be an issue with gallons of adrenaline running through his system lol not to mention he would walk them upto his car before towing the yak later
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

Old sounder listed in the for sale section if its of interest to you
Thanks Mike
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

photo test
Attachments
med.jpg
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

Not a bad view
Attachments
IMG_2147-800x600.JPG
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

I'm working on resizing the photos as I've taken a few of the modifications I've done over the weekend