New Stealth

Show off your kayak!
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Re: New Stealth

Post by Reeling »

For the rod butts, I had similar issues with the larger rods fitting into Scotty rod holders. I just trimmed down with a sharp Stanley knife and then sanded to tidy up.

As for modding... You'll probably find the more you use it the more you'll discover what you want so would try and wait until you get some time on the water.
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
bagpuss
Apprentice
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Post by bagpuss »

Thanks for the tip Reeling Im only looking at changing the fish finder for now and maybe a back rest from BCF in the sale as i have some lower back issues :down:
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Looking forward to seeing these mods as I'm in the same situation. Need to win some more brownie points first
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

:mrgreen: very nice :D
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

Nothing major just change the sounder I'm still not shore as the best way to fit the transducer I've seen some hanging off the side on a alloy strip or just stick it down in the hull :? I will also fit a anchor trolley system then fit some forward facing rod holders from Sea Sherpa ready for the snapper :yahoo: I will also look at how things are set out in the fish hatch like rods tackle and a way keeping the catch I'm looking at a esky on the back for the catch that way the hatch wont stink If I catch :roll: I know the hatch is for the fish but just thinking some things through The main target fish are Snapper Squid and some Flathead at the mo the main idea is to fish out from millers rd I live in point cook but happy to travel a bit just need to fit it in around the family and work

All ideas and suggestions welcome Thanks Mike
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

some more photos
Attachments
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1275.PNG
IMG_1275.PNG (255.42 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
IMG_1273.PNG
IMG_1273.PNG (152.68 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
IMG_1272.PNG
IMG_1272.PNG (271.45 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

Have fun. They are a great yak. I have an older evo 475. probably a little heavier but still goes well.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

bagpuss wrote:Nothing major just change the sounder I'm still not shore as the best way to fit the transducer I've seen some hanging off the side on a alloy strip or just stick it down in the hull :? I will also fit a anchor trolley system then fit some forward facing rod holders from Sea Sherpa ready for the snapper :yahoo: I will also look at how things are set out in the fish hatch like rods tackle and a way keeping the catch I'm looking at a esky on the back for the catch that way the hatch wont stink If I catch :roll: I know the hatch is for the fish but just thinking some things through The main target fish are Snapper Squid and some Flathead at the mo the main idea is to fish out from millers rd I live in point cook but happy to travel a bit just need to fit it in around the family and work

All ideas and suggestions welcome Thanks Mike
If you live on Point Cook rd then campbells cove and even the coastal park would be convenient launches for squid and flatties in particular
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

You will be happy you didn't start off with a 3m bath tub from BCF/Ebay. You will surprise yourself with distances you cover, even if its unintentional
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

bagpuss wrote:Nothing major just change the sounder I'm still not shore as the best way to fit the transducer I've seen some hanging off the side on a alloy strip or just stick it down in the hull :? I will also fit a anchor trolley system then fit some forward facing rod holders from Sea Sherpa ready for the snapper :yahoo: I will also look at how things are set out in the fish hatch like rods tackle and a way keeping the catch I'm looking at a esky on the back for the catch that way the hatch wont stink If I catch :roll: I know the hatch is for the fish but just thinking some things through
Mike unless you are using a side scan sounder probably the easiest think to do with your transducer is glue it in the hull - I used Epoxy and have had no problems with that ( have a chat to Seasherpa if your aren't sure , he's fitted quite a few now )

he will also put you straight on anchor trolley parts and rod holders

as for the esky on the back that will lift the centre of gravity and make the craft less stable - I have used a cheap Aldis dry bay with some ice a few times for squid and other smaller fish like flathead - that tucks easy into the fish box
stacking fish in the fish box make the craft more stable as it lowers the centre of gravity
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657