From a cheapie to a PA in 3 easy steps

Show off your kayak!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

From a cheapie to a PA in 3 easy steps

Post by peatop »

I decided to move here as im no longer a newbie! (Still on L plates though :shhh: ).
The new PA at home waiting for room in the garage lol
1-1.jpg
Now sitting on my trailer with rod holders, fishfinder and anchor trolly, now capable of fishing although a couple of H rail mounts for rod holders the fishfinder and tackle bin are on the to do list after I've done a permanent wiring loom and sorted out the electrics .
3-1.jpg
4-1.jpg
I knew it would come up so i included this picture ;)
2-1.jpg
I'm thinking about making a rear loader for when i want to car top, and pondering on designs for the trailer, whether to extend the drawbar and get it registered or make a removable frame for the yak to sit on. I've been looking at anchor storage and setup of the anchor rope, with the longer H rail it makes using the cam locks a little harder.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Re: From a cheapie to a PA in 3 easy steps

Post by Tim399 »

youve been very busy! looks great
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

peatop wrote:I'm thinking about making a rear loader for when i want to car top, and pondering on designs for the trailer, whether to extend the drawbar and get it registered or make a removable frame for the yak to sit on.
Now you can get a lot of inspiration/ideas from the DIY section for both trailers and car top loading.
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Well done Pete, it wasn't easy to decide was it.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

inshorebrawler wrote:Well done Pete, it wasn't easy to decide was it.
To many variables ;) but no matter what i decided it woukd have been the right choice. I've been out a few times and still getting ideas on needs and wants, so far the only real issue is tying off the anchor as i use it both front and back, in the Maverick i used cam locks that worked extremely well but as the PA has H rail for the best part of the gunnel and not wanting to run the anchor line under the rail make it difficult on using cam locks, so at the moment its back to tying it to the H rail.

Im quite suprised at how fast I've been getting around in it as im still a very long way from having anywhere near normal strength in my legs but i sure feel it, my legs get tired very fast so it will take some time to build up the strength and stamina needed for long trips of fast trips out to the channel come snapper season.

Oh i haven't yet caught a fish but have landed a squid it didn't ink though :lol:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm