Seagrass Outback

Show off your kayak!
l2andom
Square eyes
kayak: Adventure Island, WildySys T140, Outback

Seagrass Outback

Post by l2andom »

Got her rigged up a couple of weeks ago and I've only shared it on FB so a litlte late but here's my Seagrass Outback. Pretty basic and standard mods. Upgraded rudder, square hatch, transplanted my Elite5Ti with Totalscan from my Thresher, 2 Hobie rod holder extensions, and 2 Railblaza rodtubes. I also have the BerleyPro visor and totalscan transducer plate. There's also a no drill anchor trolley which works quite well. I put the Railblazas where they are as they are easy to get to and adjustable for either just holding rods, or swung out for bait/trolling. The rod holders there might be a tight fit for bigger guys but it feels just right for me, so no more gainz in the gym :lol: . In the picture the wires aren't run to the sounder yet, but I did it about 2 days after. I was waiting on another power cable for it, makes moving the head unit between boats and kayaks easier.
Attachments
mods4a.jpg
mods2a.jpg
mods1a.jpg
nebben838
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback (seagrass green)

Re: Seagrass Outback

Post by nebben838 »

i like it!!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Nice, im still struggling with rod holders the maverick came with 3 adjustable ones up front on a cross member, but to far forward to be useful, so I've moved 2, one either side of the seat
new rod holder setup.JPG
i will most likely fit berkely QS rod holders where they were, i also have a starport to fit the side rails which i use for the 3rd rod holder when fishing for other smaller fish, however i wouldn't like to hook anything to big in it, atm i only have one rod i think is suitable for snapper, but since you are allowed 4 thats what i would like to have setup ;) i think i will eventually make something to fit in the rails to mount the heavier starports so i can have 2 rods out each side at anchor :D
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
nebben838
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback (seagrass green)

Post by nebben838 »

peatop wrote:Nice, im still struggling with rod holders the maverick came with 3 adjustable ones up front on a cross member, but to far forward to be useful, so I've moved 2, one either side of the seat
new rod holder setup.JPG
i will most likely fit berkely QS rod holders where they were, i also have a starport to fit the side rails which i use for the 3rd rod holder when fishing for other smaller fish, however i wouldn't like to hook anything to big in it, atm i only have one rod i think is suitable for snapper, but since you are allowed 4 thats what i would like to have setup ;) i think i will eventually make something to fit in the rails to mount the heavier starports so i can have 2 rods out each side at anchor :D
Hey peatop, What are those wheels you used to make your trolley/cart? How do they perform on soft sand?
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

What's going on with Hobie's colour selections these days?
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

mingle wrote:What's going on with Hobie's colour selections these days?
I like it. Especially the new gov. issue blue and sea grass green.
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Wind Waker wrote:
Never seen seagrass that looks anything like that! Perhaps 'calf-S#!^ green' would me more accurate (if you've ever worked on a dairy farm, you'll know exactly what I mean) :-)
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

mingle wrote:
Wind Waker wrote:
Never seen seagrass that looks anything like that! Perhaps 'calf-S#!^ green' would me more accurate (if you've ever worked on a dairy farm, you'll know exactly what I mean) :-)
Chartreuse. Matches my fishing line.
Last edited by Wind Waker on 03 Dec 2017, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

Hey Michael, Nice set up & that Colour is like the Compass Colour which I like too :up:
At least it’s more visible than my Olive Green PA.
John 3.16/17
l2andom
Square eyes
kayak: Adventure Island, WildySys T140, Outback

Post by l2andom »

Thanks guys. Yea, same sea grass as the compass. I actually really like the color Mingle. Pretty visible on the water too. I've always had yellow or red yaks so this was a really nice change for me. I think it actually looks tons better in person.