I've Joined the Revolution!

Show off your kayak!
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: I've Joined the Revolution!

Post by laneends »

peatop wrote:do you loose the locking on the mount?
Both will lock in the scotty mounts. The berkleys will be a little bit looser. You also have to consider carefully which orientation is the release position (berkleys and scottys have tabs that auto release the holder when rotated one direction, as opposed to a slider) so that it is aligned to release in a position that is not a normal useage angle. eg release when launchers straight forward and berkley straight back. This can be changed on the holders by flipping the swivel bolts 180 degrees.

You could use the railblazas (if you already have them)centrally for rocket launchers backwards and berkleys outside of those as additional mounts forward, but that may be too many different mounts installed.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Yes i would prefer to keep the mounts all the same if possible, however I've borrowed the scotty off my old yak for the moment and mounted it along with the remaining railblaza to the outside of the cross member, and and and im loving it, i usually use a rail mount rod holder and rear rod holder for paddle/drift for squid, i have also used rod holders in their new pos by the seat, but this limits the paddle stroke, but but but NOW! Lol :yahoo: I've only used the original center holder for transport, so now i just need to buy 2 off whatever rod holders i decide to use.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Front and rear deck areas looking a lot less cluttered:

Rudder upgrade:
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

important to make sure you have those larger rudders cleated down tight or the water pressure on them lifts them more readily than the small ones.

You kayak is starting to look like a big dead crab..
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

laneends wrote:important to make sure you have those larger rudders cleated down tight or the water pressure on them lifts them more readily than the small ones.

You kayak is starting to look like a big dead crab..
Thanks for the tip.

Wait until I put all my lobster/crayfish/crab pots in the rear now i've gotten rid of the milk crate :evilgrin:
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

Just a bit of extra safety update. After more great advice from the forum, I've added a strip of reflective tape to both leading faces of my paddle, and also wrapped some around the tops of my rocket launchers which mount to the rails behind the seat on the gunnels.

a quick pic from the phone using the flash in the garage shows that they should help further to see me in the dark:
Last edited by Reeling on 14 Jan 2018, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

I think I’ll do the same to my diy rocket launchers, great idea
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

Tim399 wrote:I think I’ll do the same to my diy rocket launchers, great idea
x2 on a great idea
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

laneends wrote:
Tim399 wrote:I think I’ll do the same to my diy rocket launchers, great idea
x2 on a great idea
Thanks guys. Shane's great idea with the rocket launchers. I've updated the picture to also show them installed on the kayak - turns out I have a reflective strip on my holbie seat bag too :D

shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Looks good. :up: A bit around your railblaza light wouldn't go astray either.
0408 565 763