Camo Hobie PA12

Show off your kayak!
WorldWarBlue
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie PA12

Re: Camo Hobie PA12

Post by WorldWarBlue »

sorry guys about the late reply, guys ive taken it out about 5 times and its still perfect, i went to bunnings and got
* 1 spray can Dulux Duramax Plastic Primer
(i gave the pa12 1 coat,waited about 30min then gave it another coat)

*1 spray can Dulux Duramax High Performance Enamel Gloss Brunswick Green
(after giving the primer about 45min i sprayed the whole yak using this green as thew base colour)

*1 spray can Dulux Duramax High Performance Enamel Gloss Smooth Chocolate
(while waiting for the green to dry i went out back and grabbed some small branches and what ever i could find to use as a stencil. After bout 20-30min i held the branches on the yak and sprayed over them with the brown colour, i did this all over using different branches and leaves etc)

*1 spray can Dulux Duramax High Performance Enamel Gloss Black
(this was my final colour and pretty much did the same thing as with the brown)

*1 spray can Dulux Duramax High Performance Enamel Semi Gloss Clear
(once finished with the fancy stuff i gave the yak 2 coats of clear coat and that was it)
I had my doubts on it staying on but a few trips to willy,rhyll and corinella with not evn 1 scratch has giving me the confidence that it might last a while and if it does start coming off not a problem bunnings is bout 1 km away and the cans are only $11 each so win win GoBlues
Footy and Fishing, Fishing and Footy.. Ahh we live in the best state in the world GOBLUES
WorldWarBlue
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by WorldWarBlue »

guys its just a bit of fun i did with my own kayak, i didnt do it to win awards i actually did it for this weeks cod comp up north. The visibility is just fine, ive got my flag and i always wear my fluros so she'll be rite. i actually think i stand out more than the traditional yak colours.The yak is actually lighter in colour than what the pics protray.I took the pics with my S#!^ old phone. Anyway guys been doing good out of willy with snapper 2-3kg, last week bagged out twice but went out on monday morning and just got smashed with undersize pinkies. fished this mark all 3 times
Attachments
i name my marks with the date i got the fish on
i name my marks with the date i got the fish on
Footy and Fishing, Fishing and Footy.. Ahh we live in the best state in the world GOBLUES
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

maverick wrote:Am I the only one who sees a problem wiith this. Yaks are hard enough to see on the water without making them harder to see.
I don't think its the fact that it may be hard to see, I would be more concerned about it being a target for boaters, because of the Carlton FC crap all over it :lol: :lol:
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's