It is currently 22 May 2019, 02:22

Hobie Revo 13

Show off your kayak!

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Robeld » 12 Nov 2013, 16:26

Hi Lindsay,
I am a newby and just came across this great post, really like what you have done to your Revo. I am picking up my 13 tomorrow so will be looking to kit it out like you have. I will be doing some fishing in the Goulburn in areas were I wouldn't take the Mirage drive, so will be doing a fair bit of paddling, I was wondering if the front rod holders interfere at all with your stroke?
cheers
Rob
Robeld
The force is strong in this one
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:16
Location: Wallan, fish Eildon and the Goulburn.
kayak: Hobie Revo 13,Avoncraft tandem Tourer,Viking Pacer
Real Name: Rob

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby isportfish » 12 Nov 2013, 17:19

G'day Rob. Rod holders can be positioned to face towards the front and then be out of the way for paddling. There is plenty of room to have them mounted further forward but then be out of reach for me(short arms).

Hope you enjoy the revo.

Cheers
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 215
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 21:14
Location: Seaford
kayak: Hobie Revo
Real Name: Lindsay

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby laneends » 12 Nov 2013, 21:12

Robeld wrote:Hi Lindsay,
I am a newby and just came across this great post, really like what you have done to your Revo. I am picking up my 13 tomorrow so will be looking to kit it out like you have. I will be doing some fishing in the Goulburn in areas were I wouldn't take the Mirage drive, so will be doing a fair bit of paddling, I was wondering if the front rod holders interfere at all with your stroke?
cheers
Rob



If you do a lot of paddling and dont wish to keep rotating holders, you can use rocket launchers there instead. Keeps handles and reels out of your way. Regular holders are better for open water trolling especially in the chop. But flat water not as essential. I have a Quest (similar but without peddles) and I can achieve long power paddle strokes that way. I use separate holders behind seat for trolling.
User avatar
laneends
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 15:59
Location: Melbourne, Bundoora
kayak: Hobies: Quest 11, Quest 13, Adventure 16, Revo 16
Real Name: Keith

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Robeld » 12 Nov 2013, 21:42

isportfish wrote:G'day Rob. Rod holders can be positioned to face towards the front and then be out of the way for paddling. There is plenty of room to have them mounted further forward but then be out of reach for me(short arms).

Hope you enjoy the revo.

Cheers



Thanks, having another look at the photos I can see how they could be moved out of the way but probably not suitable for having the rods in through rapids etc.
will play around a bit when I start setting up. I need to have a flexible set up because I will be asking the revo to handle a wide range of conditions and locations, will post some of the mods when things get underway.
cheers
Robeld
The force is strong in this one
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:16
Location: Wallan, fish Eildon and the Goulburn.
kayak: Hobie Revo 13,Avoncraft tandem Tourer,Viking Pacer
Real Name: Rob

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Robeld » 12 Nov 2013, 21:48

laneends wrote:
Robeld wrote:Hi Lindsay,
I am a newby and just came across this great post, really like what you have done to your Revo. I am picking up my 13 tomorrow so will be looking to kit it out like you have. I will be doing some fishing in the Goulburn in areas were I wouldn't take the Mirage drive, so will be doing a fair bit of paddling, I was wondering if the front rod holders interfere at all with your stroke?
cheers
Rob



If you do a lot of paddling and dont wish to keep rotating holders, you can use rocket launchers there instead. Keeps handles and reels out of your way. Regular holders are better for open water trolling especially in the chop. But flat water not as essential. I have a Quest (similar but without peddles) and I can achieve long power paddle strokes that way. I use separate holders behind seat for trolling.



Thanks for the tips, interested if you take the quest down rivers, through rapids etc and how it handles as that will basically be what I have if I leave the mirage at home.
Robeld
The force is strong in this one
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:16
Location: Wallan, fish Eildon and the Goulburn.
kayak: Hobie Revo 13,Avoncraft tandem Tourer,Viking Pacer
Real Name: Rob

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Babylon » 13 Nov 2013, 04:22

Image
User avatar
Babylon
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4893
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 21:43
Location: Corinella Victoria
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13
Real Name: Jim

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Robeld » 16 Jan 2014, 15:09

Hi Lindsay,
Just received the scotty rod holders with gear head adjustable extensions and flush mounts from amazon and was looking at how to mount them on the revo. Was going to have a chopping board backing plate and ss bolts. When I tried to get under the starboard side in front of the mesh I found that is boxed and can't be directly accessed. How did you install yours?

thanks
Rob
Robeld
The force is strong in this one
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:16
Location: Wallan, fish Eildon and the Goulburn.
kayak: Hobie Revo 13,Avoncraft tandem Tourer,Viking Pacer
Real Name: Rob

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby isportfish » 16 Jan 2014, 16:26

When I tried to get under the starboard side in front of mesh I found that is boxed and can't be directly accessed. How did you install yours?


G'day Rob,
Just drilled through hull where pictures show in front of pockets and then used router to increase to flush mount size. Didn't find it to be boxed in but hull is quite thick there, maybe 6-8mm. Just be carefull of the rudder cords below. Have since added a third adjacent to the anchor trolley. Just a long stretch to put washers and nuts on.

Hope this explains it well enough. Cheers. :up:
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 215
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 21:14
Location: Seaford
kayak: Hobie Revo
Real Name: Lindsay

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Robeld » 16 Jan 2014, 18:14

isportfish wrote:
When I tried to get under the starboard side in front of mesh I found that is boxed and can't be directly accessed. How did you install yours?


G'day Rob,
Just drilled through hull where pictures show in front of pockets and then used router to increase to flush mount size. Didn't find it to be boxed in but hull is quite thick there, maybe 6-8mm. Just be carefull of the rudder cords below. Have since added a third adjacent to the anchor trolley. Just a long stretch to put washers and nuts on.

Hope this explains it well enough. Cheers. :up:


Great thanks for that, just a bit cautious about drilling holes in the wrong place. Will let you know how I go.
Cheers
Robeld
The force is strong in this one
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:16
Location: Wallan, fish Eildon and the Goulburn.
kayak: Hobie Revo 13,Avoncraft tandem Tourer,Viking Pacer
Real Name: Rob

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Postby Reeling » 17 Aug 2017, 16:41

Hi Lindsay,

I hope you dont mind me commenting on your old thread, but I was wondering how you have found the position of your two scotty mounts on either side.

I'm thinking of moving a few things around on my revo and replacing the RAM holders with Scotty/railblazer and moving my fishfinder to the sail mast.

I discovered last time that the ram holders are too low and hit my knees when I troll with the peddles. Also the current position of the fishfinder means that If i wish to paddle (even from launch) it does get in the way a little.

I'm thinking the scotty mount may be the way to go.

Cheers in advance
Nath
Tuna 20.5kg ---Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
User avatar
Reeling
Square eyes
 
Posts: 910
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:20
Location: Altona
kayak: Stealth PF 525
Real Name: Nath

PreviousNext

Return to The Beast

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest