Hobie Revo 13

Show off your kayak!
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Revo

Hobie Revo 13

Post by isportfish »

As the weather looks rather windy this weekend I thought I’d post up my set up on new revo 13.

Will start up the front. In the front hatch have cut down a flexible tub as many have to suit. Great for keeping catch or extra gear.

Sounder is an elite 4 combo mounted into sail post with ram mount. Wiring through hull with hobie kit and transducer through hull mounted in marine goop.

Rod holders are scotty baitcaster/spinning with gear head adjustable extensions(these are awesome) with flush mounts.

On the centre hatch I have mounted a chopping board cut down to hatch shape. Keep a couple of dry bags in hatch with emergency clothing, first aid, spare phone and some basic tackle. Also fitted a bung near to allow use of manual bilge pump without risk of water ingress.

Rear deck I have a crate bungied down which hold rods, flag, wheels and LED light pole. Store a couple of soft eskies in crate with food/drink, tackle and bait when required.

Next mod is an anchor trolley full length. All rods are tethered as well as mirage drive. On paddle I have vic fishing rec guide sticker for measuring. Also have upgraded to sailing rudder and st fins as many do.

Finally the PFD, I have sewn on a knife for easy access in emergencies. On the zip have clipped on a whistle and light. In one of the pockets I keep a Gme PLB. Also clip on mobile phone in waterproof pouch. Just need now to get a waterproof VHF radio. Suggestions?

Store the kayak upside down on hoist and can lower straight onto car roof.

Thanks for viewing.
sawtell
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Sport

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Post by sawtell »

How are you finding it compared to the sport, bit quicker I bet!
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Nice setup Lindsay. Always love seeing other Revo fit outs. Interested in those rod holder extenders, I'm a bit over mine.

Cheers

Tim
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by isportfish »

How are you finding it compared to the sport, bit quicker I bet!
In ideal conditions only a little faster, but when choppy a lot faster and more comfortable in those conditions.

Interested in those rod holder extenders, I'm a bit over mine
Yeah they work well. Allow you to either move rods closer or further away from you and mirage pedals. Also give some extra height for reels from water.

Cheers
Carbine
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2015 Hobie outback Yellow and 2010 outback olive

Post by Carbine »

I like what you've done with the chopping board. :up: very clever.
Score: Fish-1, Carbine-0
Pearcy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Quintrex 480 Freedom Sport (pretend its a big yak)

Post by Pearcy »

Hi Lindsay, here's a cheap VHF you might want to look at unless you already have one since you posted, cheers Tony.

http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63265
Pearcy.
Pog
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Yellow Hobie PA 12

Post by Pog »

Carbine wrote:I like what you've done with the chopping board. :up: very clever.
"X 2"
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by madfishman »

all the bells and whistles look great, but thats the best idea i have seen so far regarding the bung for the manual bilge, i have a portable submersible, which require recharge and some stuffing around of S#!^ hits the fan, in the case of an emergency thats the best idea, im heading down to SLH to get a bung and doing that for sure.

i would assume your bung has a pipe connected inside to the hull?

good stuff
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

madfishman wrote: i would assume your bung has a pipe connected inside to the hull?

good stuff
That looks as thought there is no permanent internal pipe, but bung is opened and pipe is pushed through hole the pump pushed into top of tube, rather than a connection at bung interface. That would seem simplest. Is that correct?
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by isportfish »

Just fitted pipe onto end of bilge pump that is a snug fit into bung to use. Won't claim it as my idea as Josh at SLH suggested. His is in the cup holder on the AI. You can buy that bung from Bunn**** in same area as the stainless marine fittings if a trip to SLH not planned. Bilge pump from SLH.

Stuffed around with velcro to secure chopping board on last kayak with mixed success, but just screwed on permanently this time.

Cheers