Hobie Revo 13

Show off your kayak!
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Re: Hobie Revo 13

Post by mingle »

Hi,

I have the Scotty flush-mounts with extenders, gear-heads and slip-discs on my A.I., which is very similar to the Revo.

I also had exactly the same setup on my three previous Revos and Sport.

Here's the A.I. They are pretty much infinitely adjustable and are faaaaar superior to RAM mounts (they're arse!).

Just requires careful measurement and drilling. The hardest parts is getting the nuts onto the two rear-most scrrews.
ai_rod_holders.jpg
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Reeling wrote:Hi Lindsay,

I hope you dont mind me commenting on your old thread, but I was wondering how you have found the position of your two scotty mounts on either side.

I'm thinking of moving a few things around on my revo and replacing the RAM holders with Scotty/railblazer and moving my fishfinder to the sail mast.

I discovered last time that the ram holders are too low and hit my knees when I troll with the peddles. Also the current position of the fishfinder means that If i wish to paddle (even from launch) it does get in the way a little.

I'm thinking the scotty mount may be the way to go.

Cheers in advance
Nath
That location for recessed scotties is one of the most popular for revos. You just have to careful installing them due to rudder lines under. There is a youtube vid showing how its done. I use scotty rocket launchers and berkley quick sets(they fit in scotty mounts) with diy height extensions in that location. Both these types keep butts out of way of pedals and reels out of way for paddling

I used to use the slip discs, but they proved a pain slipping like rams.
Attachments
P1000776.JPG
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

laneends wrote:I used to use the slip discs, but they proved a pain slipping like rams.
I had a few slippage issues at first, until I realised I had them installed incorrectly!

The 'lugs' around the edge of each of the discs fit into the 'holes' in the mounts, so that the flat-surfaces of the each of the discs are flush against each other (I had it the other way around).

Never had any issues with them slipping at all since then.

Mike.
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

How do you find the scotty gear heads for trolling. i think it was Josh (Yakass) mentioned that the one on the left has the potential to loosen with a big strike??
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Thanks Mike. Something like that and/or what Keith has done is what I'm looking to do.

In searching for red setups Keith I came across a few pics you've kindly shared with us that I will be looking at. The only thing I will say is that the locations available are a little different on the shorter 13 than yours Keith- as you very well know :-)
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

Reeling wrote:Thanks Mike. Something like that and/or what Keith has done is what I'm looking to do.

In searching for rod setups Keith I came across a few pics you've kindly shared with us that I will be looking at. The only thing I will say is that the locations available are a little different on the shorter 13 than yours Keith- as you very well know :-)
Not having the "front dash' on the revo 13 makes things less flexible. At least on the quest there is the centre console. Rod butts clashing with the pedals is something you need to be careful of. Lots of revo sets ups available around the net to give you some ideas. Some use gear traks but they are expensive
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

laneends wrote:
Not having the "front dash' on the revo 13 makes things less flexible. At least on the quest there is the centre console. Rod butts clashing with the pedals is something you need to be careful of. Lots of revo sets ups available around the net to give you some ideas. Some use gear traks but they are expensive
I know what you mean about the front dash. I was thinking of a mount that fitted into the sail mast location that I could mount my fishfinder onto with an additional 2 rod holders. something like scotty's 257 triple rod mount:

http://scotty.com/product/no-257-triple ... ng-system/
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

Reeling wrote:
laneends wrote:
I know what you mean about the front dash. I was thinking of a mount that fitted into the sail mast location that I could mount my fishfinder onto with an additional 2 rod holders. something like scotty's 257 triple rod mount:

http://scotty.com/product/no-257-triple ... ng-system/
Dont think you could get a rigid enough mast mount to support multiples. The rod holder may have to be on extenders to raise above pedals, thats all extra leverage.

I have recently added extra berkley mounts towards the front rails. The berkley holders can be used in either that forward location or in the recessed scotty mounts closer. Up front is well out of the way for serious paddeling. The berkley mounts have a smaller foot print so just fit. Rod buts miss the pedals too. The 13 may have just as much room there as the 16
Attachments
20170818_111545r.jpg